Ex-Slysoft developer: “Don’t place us next to pirates, we’re not doing it for piracy”

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Ex-Slysoft developer: “Don’t place us next to pirates, we’re not doing it for piracy”[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/02/myce-redfox-forum-95x75.png[/newsimage]

RedFox developer Peer has written a statement about AnyDVD that explains pirates were never the intended audience for the software. His statement comes after he read on the website Torrentfreak that some release groups of pirated movies fear it will take more time to release movies in the future without AnyDVD.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/78742-78742/](http://www.myce.com/news/78742-78742/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

AnyDVD was created out of the frustration of a few people, who got fed up with the unplayability ([I]yes[/I]! that word [I]is[/I] fitting!) of DVDs and later on Blu-ray discs.

Piracy is an issue. You can’t deny that it is hurting the movie industry. And you can’t deny that we were involuntarily helping piracy. Just like the glass cutter involuntarily helps burglary.

So, sorry MPAA, AACS and all you people with the fancy acronyms - we can’t help you with the piracy, but since no one is helping us with the movies, we’re picking up things ourselves.
Now that is a good post - Great points all the way :clap:

So, sorry MPAA, AACS and all you people with the fancy acronyms - we can’t help you with the piracy, but since no one is helping us with the movies, we’re picking up things ourselves.

+1 !:clap:

If this type of software wasn’t available there would be a massive [I]increase[/I] in piracy. :iagree:

AnyDVD is only of use to someone who has in their possession the original encrypted DVD/BD, which they have almost certainly gone out an bought themselves.

[B]AnyDVD is of absolutely no use to people downloading pirated films & TV[/B]. :rolleyes:

Without AnyDVD & co. the only way for us to watch films & TV programmes on the device of our choice would be to download a pirated copy (which would undoubtedly still exist - that genie has long since vacated the bottle).

Which scenario do you think puts the most revenue in the studios’ pockets? :rolleyes:

Stop attacking your most loyal customers.

Absolutely a great post.!!!

I do like the logic of these article. Anyone with half a brain knows that many of the points that were made are 100% common sense. If Hollywood would stop fighting their customers, the studios might find the bad corporate images that cause people to illegally download movies start to disappear.

Sadly, these points are all moot. After all, RedFox already has a target on its head, as far as the MPAA, the AACS and all those people with the fancy acronyms care. I guarantee they are gathering their layers as we speak. And, I guarantee they are not going to make any real effort in making sure RedFox knows they are being sued. RedFox will only know they’ve lost once news sites tell them so, as will the rest of us.