Ex-Microsoft employee sentenced to 7 months for software piracy

I just posted the article Ex-Microsoft employee sentenced to 7 months for software piracy.

If you have been chatting on IRC warez channels with someone called Warlock and you haven’t seen him for the last 4 months, you might have been chatting with a former Microsoft employee who has…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/4643-Ex-Microsoft-employee-sentenced-to-7-months-for-software-piracy.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/4643-Ex-Microsoft-employee-sentenced-to-7-months-for-software-piracy.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

this is just like 1984 where they force confessions out of people at the ministry of love…

fullwise upsub antefiling. you mean minitrue. have a doubleplusgood day. :4

RUN BIOTCH!!! Can you say a55 Raped with a funnel?

College pays off once again.

It’s amazing what people will say under such circumstances. Tsker a look at the comments of the DoD member for instance. We all know that at the back of their minds they are thinking something totally different. They are apologising to save their asses as anyone would do.

Next week we’ll see an article. “Microsoft installs telescreens throughout the entire corporation.” Of course they’d probably just crash all the time.

I would of felt sorry for him, but I don’t now that he’s addmitted what he did was wrong. By addmitting what he did is wrong, he is betraying the free software distributing industry. His sentence is a bit harsh especially since he did nothing wrong as long as he didn’t sell it. He has betrayed the free software industry. Distributing free software that is copyrighted is fine and there is nothing wrong with it as long as you don’t sell it for a profit.

if you were arrested, you would also call it theft, just to get out of prison as soon as possible. hell, I would even kiss Gates’ ass :wink: if it meant probation instead of prison

What if everyone (I mean EVERYONE) copied Windows and Office instead of buying it? Microsoft would go bankrupt. Now, you may want that to happen, but what if the same thing happened to Adobe? Or Maxis? Or iD software? This guy broke the law and was punished. Cause and effect.

Yeah heaps of fun until you get caught