Everything you wanted to know about CPRM

vbimport

I just posted the article Everything you wanted to know about CPRM.

There is many media attention lately about a new copy protection build in recordable media, like harddisks. The Register has an article about wich explains it very well, so if you’re intrested in how…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/1095-Everything-you-wanted-to-know-about-CPRM.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/1095-Everything-you-wanted-to-know-about-CPRM.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I really dont dont give 2 fucks about this shit…

If this will stop crackers & copyers from doing what they supposed to do, than I’m Bill Gates!

What a bullshit!
Whats next? Content scambling on our wallets so we can only buy legal software. First let’s see if they can pull it off. I think there will be a lot of resistance from various sources.

it won’t work, and I can give reasons why, rather than just invectives:

a. No-one would buy such a HDD.
b. You would have to be constantly in touch with the server to check every binary that you run? Lots of bandwidth!
c. A crack would be out in no-time!

all in all this is another small scheme, just like safedisk, that will con producers of s/ware into parting with their hard earned cash.

they need to realise, pirates aren’t against them, they just don’t want to pay over the odds for badly produced s/ware straight into the coffers of multi billionaires.

hah, hah, hah, keep laughing!

also,

d. they assume that we are not bright enough to copy the keys also…

e. we are smarter than them, for the simple reason that when the catch a cracker they attempt to lock him up instead of doing what they would do if they were sensible, ask him how he did it and make friends. however - no you are not allowed to tell them!

And if this little stunt really gets official, there always will be a way to bypass such things!

Have all of you guys forgot SCSI. This will make us buy real harddrives instead of their cheaper ATA standard sisters.

LONG LIVE SCSI

Best Regards
Zyron (former Electro Dude)

Can you imagine how much money you can sue for this. If one day you cant get the key and all your worth hard written project gets lost at a click of a button. Then you don’t have to worry bout being poor again.
COOL what a great idea to do when it comes out.
olol