Everything I do = Bluescreen

Hey, tech gurus!

I’ve just acquired a new rig:

Intel CPU Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz S-775 1333MHz
Asus VGA-Card nVidia 9800GTX+ 512MB DDR3 PCI-E 2xDVI
Msi Mainboard S-775 iP35 ATX Audio SATA-II GbLAN DDR2 Retail

I’ve got a samsung disk and connected the sata cable to the sata 1 port. but when I start my PC I get a Bluescreen whatever I do. My Bios shows all my devices and it can find the Harddrive.

But when I try to boot my win cd from the CD drive I get bluescreen and it say something about

0x0000007e, 0x0000005,0xf75fe0bf, 0xf789e20c, 0xf789def0c

Pci.sys - address f75fe0bf base at f75f7000, datastamp 367d855c

I’ve tried instaling ubuntu… but it got stuck at 6%

Thank you very much for your help!

Sounds like a bad burner. If possible, test it in another PC. You could also try a different SATA cable. But if the problem is occuring with two different discs, I’d suspect a hardware issue.

Hi and Welcome!

at first, please start memtest from the Ubuntu CD. Let it work for some hours and see if errors are reported.

What else can you do?

Michael

What chipset does the MSI board have? Not all chipsets work correctly with SATA optical drives, and it may be necessary to get an IDE drive to install the OS if that’s the problem. Intel and Silicon Image chipsets work correctly with SATA optical drives, but some others don’t.

[QUOTE=bevills1;2224402]What chipset does the MSI board have?[/QUOTE]"Msi Mainboard S-775 iP35 " sounds like Intel :wink:

You have AHCI enabled in the BIOS by chance… Wondering if that is the problem… do as mciahel says and make sure your BIOS has your SATA set to IDE mode. That sounds like it might be your problem.