Ever seen these weird blocks in scans?

vbimport

I’m not complaining, but this just looks odd to me. The burn time was some where around 6:15 @ 12x. I think it was a full disc. :slight_smile:

whats so wierd…

looks ok…

burn 4x@12x in 6:15 is good enough…as TY4x max overspeed is just 12x

I’ve never seen the PIF error values in blocks like that, just thought it was interesting.

liteon sampling is higer in Kprobe then BenQ using cdspeed…

That’s a large number of PIFs though, isn’t it? Mine are typically just a few hundred whether burnt on my LiteOn or BenQ.

I’ll bet the disc has trouble playing in a stand alone player . . . give it a shot and let us know . . .

Agree! :iagree: :iagree:

to me …the max anything less than 15 should play fine…with no bad skipping…

Yep you’re right. I just like to see something more like this…

1. 8X 2) 12X

I’ve seen that blocks if burn with PX-716a :stuck_out_tongue:

That was the problem I had with the Ritek G04s I got last fall . . . the values were all within spec, but the quantity of PIF errors was large and I got lots of stuttering . . .

I’ll be interested to hear back if the disc plays alright or not . . .

PIF’s in blocks are most usually seen by interference into the IDE interface of the BenQ products.

A less-noisy power supply can help.
A new, flat 80 wire cable can help.
Setting the BenQ’s IDE channel in BIOS to auto detect, auto type is really helpful.
And the #1 cause is UDMA mode 2 not completely implemented. The drive could be operating in Multi-Word DMA 2 instead. Another drive on the same cable could be adding to interference.

On CD/DVD speed, the PIF pattern of Multi-Word DMA2 looks a bit like
oo_o_oIo_oo_IIoooIIIoIIIIo where o = lots of little fat PIF blocks and I = normal PIF pattern. And, your scan has exactly that pattern.