Ever see the shining?

Nothing weird just asking have you ever seen it,
Stanley Kubrick was a strange director and some of his movies show that, like the Shining for instance(Stephen King wrote it)
and clockwork orange

I have seen it, but I’ll be stuffed if I can remember it

The guy’s on permanent acid trip. Everybody’s saying how thought provocative his movies are… maybe my weed’s just not strong enough for me to reach the stage of understanding what the hell dude’s trying to get across. Clock work orange was a trip, so was space odyssey 2001. Haven’t seen or read Shinning, don’t like King at all.

I’ve seen parts…they didn’t interest me so I didn’t watch it.

Only parts of it ; I have seen Bart Simpson’s The “Shinning” though :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
Only parts of it ; I have seen Bart Simpson’s The “Shinning” though :slight_smile:

Haha that one’s great :bigsmile: (especially the Scottish gardener…)

Seen the movie and I found it fun to watch… nothing more nothign less…

which version do you mean??

i saw 2…the one with Jack N and a newer one which i liked more.

The newer version was more based on the story f i remember correctly. Much more scarier.

Never seen it in full, only parts of it…

i have seen it, and i still think it’s a really cool movie (those twins scared the hell outta me! :stuck_out_tongue: ).

kubrick translated jack nicholson’s writings into a lot of different languages, but i heard that in the dvd there’s only the english one… :frowning:

Originally posted by cico
kubrick translated jack nicholson’s writings into a lot of different languages, but i heard that in the dvd there’s only the english one… :frowning:

Nicholson? Steven King wrote The Shinning.

Originally posted by Stoner
[B]

Nicholson? Steven King wrote The Shinning. [/B]

Err

Matt Groening wrote The Shinning
Stephen King wrote The Shining

:bigsmile:

Originally posted by Stoner
Nicholson? Steven King wrote The Shinning.
i mean the carachter’s writings: that scene when he writes on a billion of sheets the same phrase.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Well damn if I was stuck in a frozen area like they were I freak out to. But The twins was a scary image that was throughout the movie. And that nasty dead old woman, Yuck!!

Originally posted by cloakdoa
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

in italian it was “the morning has gold into its mouth”, which means more or less that if you have to do something, you better wake up early :bigsmile: :stuck_out_tongue:

i watched the shining film and the tv series and the tv series rocked more then film did…steven weber was scary and courtland along with his big lips played danny torrance well

There was a remake??

Jack Nicholson was made to play that part in the original one.
Some of the imagery at the time was just downright scary.
Kinda like the Exorcist. I about wet myself when I saw that the first time, I think I was 8 or 9.

the "remake"is more based on the book

kubrick also did dr strangelove and full metal jacket - the first of which uses some of the most british-style humor i’ve ever seen, and the second which i cant describe. good film, though.

anyone figure out eyes wide shut?

and the shining was probably freaky in its time, but i wasnt exactly scared?

I’ve seen both of them. I saw the remake on tv and then went out and rented the original. They were both alright I guess, I’ve seen better.