Event Logging

vbimport

Just recently I read a post on this site regarding Monitoring of computers/users.

My question is; how do I temporarily stop event logging. I use a lap top for work. I also use the computer for my own personal use. When using the LT for work I am connected to the DNS Server via cable or wireless. For personal use, I disconnect and use my cell phone as a modem to access the internet.

However event logging continues to record my every movement, and I want that stopped for the duration that I spend on the intranet.

One would ask why am I doing this: the simple reason is that I am looking for another job, and I don’t want the company to see what I am doing.

Can someone assist?

Hi and Welcome!

Fiddling with a computer that is maintained by $employer’s IT dept is not a good idea unless one has reason to get fired. And if the IT guys know what they are doing, then you won’t be able to tamper the system at all.

For your personal stuff you’d better use your own computer. If you don’t have one, buy one. Even a 300 USD netbook might be good enough for that kind of task.

Workaround in case the options to boot the laptop from USB or optical drive are not disabled: you could use a Linux live system like Ubuntu from CD or USB drive.

Michael

Yes I realise tampering could probably lead to a worse case scenario. I am the guy who asked/told the company to meet the IT Policy for security purposes. Anyway its come back to byte me.

I just thought that, because I am using my own modem (This is my own Internet Service Provider) the company can’t see it as abusing the system (cost to company). I am currently looking for a job, and its something I don’t want to advertise, specifically through these means.

The Lap top belongs to the company, and because wer’e automotive (Secrets and things) no personal LT’s permitted. Another policy installed.

Thanks anyway for the reply.

I can get hold of linux, but I am not familiar with it at all, and I have never worked from usb (boot up).

[QUOTE=skihi;2599508]
The Lap top belongs to the company, and because wer’e automotive (Secrets and things) no personal LT’s permitted. Another policy installed.[/quote]Absolutely okay here. Company laptop for company tasks and personal laptop for the own business. Instead of a laptop, perhaps a smartphone would be an option, too.

I can get hold of linux, but I am not familiar with it at all, and I have never worked from usb (boot up).

Check www.ubuntu.com for a userfriendly system :slight_smile:

Michael