Even when you purchase a movie, you might not be able to watch it

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Even when you purchase a movie, you might not be able to watch it.
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/even-when-you-purchase-a-movie-you-might-not-be-able-to-watch-it-69881/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Just one more reason why my preferred and superior method of obtaining content is renting physical media. I rarely watch a movie more than once, and for the price of buying one Blue-ray movie, I can rent several movies from Redbox.

And people wonder why piracy is the preferred and superior method of obtaining content online.

Enough said.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2713325]Even when you purchase a movie…[/QUOTE]

Wrong. You never purchase a movie. You purchase the right to watch a movie. And apparantly these rights are not perpetual either.

I’m not saying it’s a good thing, but that’s what you get for your money.

If they can be taken away, I refuse to refer to them as “rights”. At best, they are “privileges”, which, as my school teachers always told me, are non-negotiable.

[QUOTE=TSJnachos117;2713743]If they can be taken away, I refuse to refer to them as “rights”. At best, they are “privileges”, which, as my school teachers always told me, are non-negotiable.[/QUOTE]

Heh heh heh… I like your teacher’s train of thought!

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=BradWright;2713373]Just one more reason why my preferred and superior method of obtaining content is renting physical media. I rarely watch a movie more than once, and for the price of buying one Blue-ray movie, I can rent several movies from Redbox.[/QUOTE]

Same here I rent and watch or buy but have software to remove it so I can do what I want and please with it for my own usage. And they can stick that where the Sun don’t shine as that place on them need to have a recheck. Oh yeah and this is the reason Pirates and movie Torrents sites are winning the battle…they can never kill enough to stop more from popping up. Looks like more of the same failed model and still haven’t learned a single thing from Napster…and Bitorrent…and so on…