Even possibel: SD 2.9, JK3 in particular, with LiteOn 48246S?

Hi and help me please.

I tried every major software on Jedi Academy with no results. European version, I almost forgot to tell.

Read and write with LTR-48246S and all and all I get are coasters. No VCD installed, I even uninstalled all software at one point to see if I was black listed. Still no go!

All I get when I click “Single player game” is a little box with “Star Wars : Jedi Academy” in it and the CD-Rom spins up to check the disc. Takes about 30 secs. and the box closes without any error message. But the mouse pointer turns briefly into an hour glass.

I use LG DRD 8120B for playing.

hi I have experienced similar problems with safedisc 2.9 titles when trying to play back on LG cd drives.
Why not run the game on your liteon drive and use ignore media
type in the emulation settings in alcohol this should stop the lock up and the game generally starts if your copy is good .
Give it a try and let me know!

Originally posted by logicwatch
hi I have experienced similar problems with safedisc 2.9 titles when trying to play back on LG cd drives.
Why not run the game on your liteon drive and use ignore media
type in the emulation settings in alcohol this should stop the lock up and the game generally starts if your copy is good .
Give it a try and let me know!

Even the original won’t start from the LiteOn! “Please insert CD 1”.

Tried it with emulation on and off. Hide CDR Media didn’t help either.

Something to say.
It seems that Safedisc last version (2.90.040) detects some soft in the computer or rest of it and does not work even with original.
I had same problem when have installed older Alcohol version or Daemon tools too.
Uninstalled and tried again even with original…No luck
After a lot of days installing and uninstalling various software, tried again and then, original begun to work.
.TMP files, old reg keys undeleted or something like avoided to execute all the safedisc 2.90 games.

This happened even with latest Alcohol or Daemon installed which isn’t blacklisted.
Maybe, old CloneCD undeleted keys may be back, but not sure.

It’s not a solution foy you, but, try in a couple of days.

Good luck!

liteons should be able to backup safedisk 2.9 at least for that drive. i assume your using alcoholor to set the settings for 2.9 before you start alc 120.

and like posted above you need the latest version of alc 120 or it will be blacklisted (reason prolly why your still getting the insert message). if you get a *.tmp error that means the copy isnt good wel at least not good enough for the drive your trying it on.

uninstall any old version of ach 120 and install the latest version.

also check http://www.liteonit.com for latest firmware on that drive its over a year or so old so it may need to be updated.

THX for the advice.

Havn’t tried alcoholer, I’ll give it a try and report back.

Some additions:

The original CD starts in the LG DVD-Rom no problem.

I don’t get any .Tmp errors from the back ups.

Firmware und Alc 120% are latest!

Wanna know something fun?

Just was at a friends who has a LiteOn Ltr-32123S, latest firmware, and some unidentified version of 120%. Apparently no other software was installed for some time.

Without emu we got an error “could not find disc/drive”, with emu we got some back ups to actually start up.

But that was only short lived 'cos next stop was “Visual C++ Runtime Error - abnormal program termination in jasp.exe”!

Any thoughts on that, plz.

When burning, make sure ‘Bypass efm error’ is not checked.

THX for all the advice gang!

And a very special Thank you! for Jamos.

One copy with Alcoholer and the world was right again.

Seems it only runs from the LiteOn but that’s OK for the moment.

Have to test it on others drives later.

THX again.