EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2008! Same as last time except with a 8!

And I managed to close the tab while doing my little epic thread so instead of a billion entrys and an analysis of each one I’m just gonna say this:

IRELANDE DEUZE POINTE

The rest is here

Whats wrong with the formatting btw?

Oh yeah, United Kingdom, you’re last this year as well.

[QUOTE=Airhead;2054267]Oh yeah, United Kingdom, you’re last this year as well.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, that’s probably true. I was gonna refer you to my profile pic :wink:

Alright I cant help it.

I missed them earlier but hey, it’s

FRANCE

This song is actually so good it isnt even apparent it’s a Eurovision song. I heard it on the radio and thought it was a real song. This should win. Will it? Doubtful.

Haven’t heard or seen practically anything yet, all I know is that the Belgian entry isn’t my cup of tea at all - so it should do very well.

Sweden’s Charlotte ? was in an interview on the radio this week, sounded like a pretty hot bimbo.

Yes, Charlotte wan the contest for some years ago in 1999. It’s time to win again. :slight_smile:

Has there been a half-way decent Eurovision song from any country in this millennium? :stuck_out_tongue:

Whenever I hear the Eurovision winner, I can only imagine how uninteresting the rest of the songs must have been. I intend to actively avoid it as I have for some years now.

• Grumpy old Dragon

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2054326]Has there been a half-way decent Eurovision song from any country in this millennium? :stuck_out_tongue:

Whenever I hear the Eurovision winner, I can only imagine how uninteresting the rest of the songs must have been. I intend to actively avoid it as I have for some years now.

• Grumpy old Dragon[/QUOTE]

I have to say I agree with you…barring ABBA, of course. :wink:

• Grumpy Old Kitty :wink:

All I can think of that was remotely good from the last few years is…Lordi (because who doesn’t like ridiculous monster suits and rock?) and that one song “we are the winners” just for being ridiculously cheeky! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9qrO92xDpA

[quote=Arachne;2054328]I have to say I agree with you…barring ABBA, of course. :wink:

• Grumpy Old Kitty ;)[/quote] ABBA’s Waterloo was last millennium not this millennium, Grumpy Old Kitty! :wink:

• Grumpy old Dragon

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2054606]ABBA’s Waterloo was last millennium not this millennium, Grumpy Old Kitty! :wink:

• Grumpy old Dragon[/QUOTE]

Oooops. Grumpy Old Kitty stands corrected :doh:

Surprise! Belgium is out in the first semi-final :sad: ( :stuck_out_tongue: ). I happened to see the first six contestants (Belgium was on sixth) yesterday evening and it didn’t look very encouraging for the remainder of the event (unless you want to have a laugh at it with family or friends maybe :bigsmile:). Not that I’d expected otherwise.

:slight_smile:

The turkey got slaughtered. :bigsmile:

The only way to watch this travesty is a good supply of your favorite drink and listen to what Terry Wogan has to say about it. He turns it into a pretty good show:iagree:
Too many people take this contest far too seriously.:bigsmile:

Evgeni Plushenko (remember O means A in russian) scored the first victory for Russia in the ESC! Congratulations! I expect a fine military parade in next years intermission act!

[QUOTE=Airhead;2054267]Oh yeah, United Kingdom, you’re last this year as well.[/QUOTE]
Just quoting the obvious.

[QUOTE=Airhead;2064660]Just quoting the obvious.[/QUOTE]

I thought that it was Italy the last :stuck_out_tongue:

Congrats to those who did well.:clap:
Yes there is quite a groundswell of opinion in the UK to give it a miss until the voting is sorted out. (As i said previously too many people treat this show seriously).
MP’s are saying it is a waste of license payers money and it is time that the BBC stopped supporting the show.(Being one of the four country’s that pay for it).
The rules were ignored two years ago because the UK’s showing was so poor that we would not compete the next year according to the rules! but helping to pay for it was more important.
I think the show has grown too large and will not last in it’s present form.

Wogan says he’s quitting. Good riddance! I have watched the english-narrated contest and it is his style that has degraded the status of the contest in the UK. This year he’s whining about Andy Abraham not scoring points even though he made a “performance of a lifetime”. That isnt going to help when the song is 30 years old.

The bottom three have on thing in common, they were the worst songs. The singers from Germany have never sung a pure tone in their life, Isis Gee made me want to jump out of a window and Abraham simply missed the big 70’s revival a good few years back.

Now as for the winner, Bilan’s english is terrible. But Russia made an effort with a producer from Timbalands stable, the worlds best figure skater ever and a world famous violinist. Even if there were no block voting the UK, Germany or Poland still wouldnt win with those entrys.

So I cannot accept Wogan’s complaints, they are simple whines from a man who’s time has passed by. I can understand a hesitation from the BBC to pay their way into next year though.

Actually the worse song by miles was the Spanish song, any ways as i have said many times before not here but in general it’s no longer a song contest it’s political, countries vote for there neighbouring country. For example Sweden gives Norway or Finland high marks, Russia’s neighbouring countries and countries that was part of the USSR gives Russia high marks.

You can guess before marks are given out who’s going to give who high marks.