Europeans are free to trade older songs, Americans are not?

I just posted the article Europeans are free to trade older songs, Americans are not?.

According to an article on News.com the RIAA is facing new headaches because of a difference between American and European copyright laws.

European and Canadian copyright protections for sound…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/5205-Europeans-are-free-to-trade-older-songs-Americans-are-not.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/5205-Europeans-are-free-to-trade-older-songs-Americans-are-not.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

“The RIAA is already pressing policy-makers in Europe and elsewhere to bring their copyright laws in line with those of the United States but have met with little success so far.” Well why doesn’t the RIAA bring THE U.S copyright law in line with Europe?

“Well why doesn’t the RIAA bring THE U.S copyright law in line with Europe?” Can you say “Unbridled Greed ??” or perhaps just arrogance. First they screw over the artists through contract tricks etc then they want to continue from sucking the blood to extracting the marrow. Happy Birthday Elvis !!!

I LOVE it…(let me snigger)…when these pig companies get the finger…and as an added benefit Hillary might get the DCM (don’t come monday)…we got a job for her here though…BIKE RACK !!! BWAHAHAHahahhahhaa…:7

Maybe the U.S. copywright laws should fall inline with Europe & Canada! Crazywolf… A proud Canadian product :4

“The RIAA is already pressing policy-makers in Europe and elsewhere to bring their copyright laws in line with those of the United States but have met with little success so far.” What the f@ck!? The RIAA is accustomed to f@ck-up the US-citizen, but they better stay off the rights of Europeans!

Ahh… there’s only thing I like more than the RIAA running around in a panic. Hearing greedy people whine and complain about the possibility of actually paying for their music. If only we could ship the freeloaders and the RIAA on to a desert island where they could screw each other over all they wanted. Frankly I’m tired of it.

Isn’t Canada the place which has a tax on every CDR though because of the assumption they will be used to copy copy-protected stuff?

If it were up to the RIAA we ould have to pay the money for music that was composed by adtists such as Bach or Mozart. And one more thing, they have to stop trying to push American legislature into other counties other than the US. :frowning:

The RIAA never press anyone/policy makers into acting for them . They PAY THEM!.. Only kidding RIAA. (Nice Organisation):9

H3rr|n3: And while we’re at it, could we get the RIAA to stop trying to push American legislature onto Americans too? :slight_smile:

Nil_Einne yes we have a tax on CDR’s (a small one)I don’t pay over 30 cents CDN for a CD. BUT If I go into Costco, London Drugs and ask for Audio CDR’s then I’m hit big time with the tax. for example I saw 2 10 packs of ‘X’ brand CDR’s CDR Audio 700 meg/80 mins…$14.99 CDR 700 meg $7.99 bothe the same brand (it appears)the only difference is the label and the tax… but then that makes as much sense as the rest of our government… We have gun registration (all guns) Government said it would cost about 2 million; it now has hit 1 BILLION!!! so what do they do they hire company for $90,000.000 to see hiow to make it cheaper?!?

:d :d :d :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :B :B :B :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :S :S :S :* :* :*