Euro 2008 football: who will you support?

vbimport

As many gloating European Union football fans will know - and for our North American chums: that’s “soccer” - England do not have a place in this excellent competition starting tomorrow. Rather hilariously, a leading UK newspaper ran a poll the other week, and the result was that all England fans should support the Dutch. :eek: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Anyway… I wondered if any other football supporters from disenfranchised countries had a preference. Maybe some people hate their own team and want to support another ;).

List your first and second choice. And why. :slight_smile:

Slovakia again did not qualify :p:o, but I will support Portugal, Croatia and Netherlands, I love their technical football.

I heard about that here, [B]imkidd57[/B] :bigsmile: (but that’s only because they’re our arch rivals, so I could never support them :disagree: :p).

Actually, I couldn’t care less about Euro 2008. For once we have a promising talent and he goes and wraps his Porsche around a tree :sad: - R.I.P. François Sterchele. He had only 4 caps.

Let’s see how the tournament goes. :slight_smile:

I like watching sport, but i hate these tournaments as we will be force fed football for as long as this tournament lasts.

I would like Portugal to win because i like their style of football, but i think Italy will win.

Crap! The Dutch are favourites already :stuck_out_tongue:

I can already now tell you that Sweden is going to win. :slight_smile:

^ But just say Sweden don’t win… who would you like to hold the cup…? :wink:

@Dee - nothing to do with ‘The Special One’ and Ronaldo being Portuguese then :wink:

I’m cheering for the motherland…GO NETHERLANDS!

[QUOTE=imkidd57;2074256]@Dee - nothing to do with ‘The Special One’ and Ronaldo being Portuguese then ;)[/QUOTE]I would never admit that i would like Portugal to win, just because Ronaldo is eye candy. ;):bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Dee-27;2073349]…but i think Italy will win.[/QUOTE]

Judging how Italy’s first game was, I don’t think so :bigsmile:

Italy will not win this year :disagree:

[QUOTE=imkidd57;2072255]Rather hilariously, a leading UK newspaper ran a poll the other week, and the result was that all England fans should support the Dutch. :eek: :stuck_out_tongue: :D[/QUOTE]

I can go with that. CDF, being my online home, is a Dutch site after all. :smiley:

LOL @ Dee :bigsmile:

[quote=Arachne;2076171]I can go with that. CDF, being my online home, is a Dutch site after all. :smiley:

LOL @ [B]Dee[/B] :bigsmile:[/quote] You left the ChatBox because of the football discussion [I]there[/I] … and then you came [I]here[/I]?!? :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2076172]You left the ChatBox because of the football discussion [I]there[/I] … and then you came [I]here[/I]?!? :p[/QUOTE]

Truth be told, the chat in the Box reminded me I hadn’t posted to this thread yet ;)…plus girl remarks are kinda being ignored in there at the moment. Guy talk only :stuck_out_tongue:

Good part about the thread, is I can say my bit and leave the football stuff now :wink:

[quote=Arachne;2076174]Good part about the thread, is I can say my bit …[/quote]Definitely :flower: … and all comments welcome. All I said was: which team would you support and why ;).

Therefore in this thread it’s completely acceptable to support a team having the best-looking player (as Dee has, erm… certainly [I][B]not[/B][/I] taken the lead on :p).

We don’t need to clutter it with talk of football! :smiley:

i would have to say netherlands and france would be a great final match up…
they have some cute uniforms :wink:

[QUOTE=pepst;2072265]Slovakia again did not qualify :p:o, but I will support Portugal, Croatia and Netherlands, I love their technical football.[/QUOTE]

norway didnt qualify either so i’m not really watching it :smiley:

Some eye candy for the thread.
‘The special one’ (Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro).

[QUOTE=Dee-27;2076569]Some eye candy for the thread.
‘The special one’ (Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro).[/QUOTE]

Drool :smiley:

I liked this pic in the paper today (found a link): Edwin van der Sar and his daughter. “Een Hollander zonder kapsones” - sorry, can’t meaningfully translate that :doh:.

To answer [B]imkidd57[/B]'s question, I’ll go for Italy - because they do the best Commedia dell’Arte. And second doesn’t count :bigsmile:.

Goooooo Dutchies :wink: