Ethernet expansion

vbimport

I have 1 ethernet port on my computer. I want to connect my DirectTV box to the internet for purchases and update purposes which uses an ethernet port. I am already using my 1 port for my internet connection and I don’t want to run the internet thru a router 1st. This slows my internet considerably. Any ideas how i can do this?

[QUOTE=Buddah63;2499199]I have 1 ethernet port on my computer. I want to connect my DirectTV box to the internet for purchases and update purposes which uses an ethernet port. I am already using my 1 port for my internet connection and I don’t want to run the internet thru a router 1st. This slows my internet considerably. Any ideas how i can do this?[/QUOTE]

Can you be mroe specific what kinda computer do you have? How do you mean slow your internet? Unless your watching from the internet that will slow your internet. Did you already do this to notice this or did someone tell you that?? What kinda port are you talking about when you say you connect with your ethernet? Your saying alot but all sounds confusing???

A simple network switch should do the trick.

I don’t want to run the internet thru a router 1st. This slows my internet considerably.
I doubt this. Or your router is defective and needs to be replaced.

Michael

Yup, router, bridge, switch … are all different connector devices.