Errors out before burning

vbimport

I am having a problem that started with the last two betas. The copy process goes fine and the DVDFab switches over to burn the disc, begins the process ( call it preburn, where it it seems to be checking the disc) and then errors out. The errors vary ( 100, 105 & 116). It ejects the disc and then puts up a dialog box saying the burn process failed and if I would like to burn again. Putting a new disc in the drive doesn’t change a thing as once you click on yes, DVDFab never starts the burner, it simply times out. The old disc is no longer usable.

This has happened also with 2 different packs of DVDs and is happening after previously burning discs without a problem just before it happens. I am attaching the log file for the last several burns. I must also point out that this a new installation on a new hard drive of both Windows and DVDFab.

I would say the problem is the “PRINCORGM1” disc’s that yopu are using, I checked the firmware on your drive and it seems to be the latest version so have ruled that out.
Have you always used those PRINCORGM1 disc’s to do your backups on :confused: ,…if so you may want to change brand to Verbatim or Taio Yuden.
also when was the last time you did a Disk Clean up and Disk Defrag on your system :confused:

[quote=cecrowder;2023599]I am having a problem that started with the last two betas. The copy process goes fine and the DVDFab switches over to burn the disc, begins the process ( call it preburn, where it it seems to be checking the disc) and then errors out. The errors vary ( 100, 105 & 116). [/quote]I’ve had a similar problem and I NEVER had a problem with DVDFab (Plat) before. Using the same discs (Verbatim). My errors have occured during the verify phase, not the burn phase.

I’m downloading the newest beta now and will try that.
-IP

[QUOTE=IrishPrince;2023886]I’ve had a similar problem and I NEVER had a problem with DVDFab (Plat) before. Using the same discs B. [/B]My errors have occured during the verify phase, not the burn phase.

-IP[/QUOTE]

(Verbatim). ?
If you are getting an error during the verify stage, is it at the end of the verify stage … if so maybe you are burning to close to the edge of the disc

I have used these discs for a couple of years with no problem.

As for defragging, I have not performed this yet as I have just reformatted and installed WinXp and DVDFab.

I have cleaned the DVD burner before I posted here as a precaution.