Error Writing FLASH to drive! DRW-24B3ST

vbimport

Hi, I’ve been searching on the internet for multiple days and haven’t found an answer to my problem. I recently purchased an Asus DRW-24B1ST to find that it was a newer revision and was “unflashable” with codeguys Flash Utility. I kept getting the message “Error Writing FLASH to drive!” So I decided to order an Asus DRW-24B3ST after doing a little researching about its compatibility.

Anyways, I plugged it in to my computer and tried to flash codeguy’s iHAS524 B firmware using “Flash Utility” after backing up the EEPROM and Firmware. The progress bar went up to two bars and I got the same message: “Error Writing to Flash”. So far I have done everything from downloading different firmware, plugging my drive into different SATA ports, VIA 6421 Ports, running as admin/compatibilty mode, etc. I followed all the steps in this http://www.xbox360iso.com/tutorial-crossflashing-asus-t504116.html ,but get stuck at step 2 where I receive that message. I’ve spent a lot of time and money on this. Please help! :sad:

I’m thinking it could possibly be that I need to change my computer to IDE or AHCI mode, but I can’t find that anywhere in my BIOS.

Just looking at the way the drive identifies itself with a C in the drive string makes me think it, too, is a newer revision LiteOn drive that does not work with the Flash Utility.

Yeah, you’re probably right. When I saw that letter I was a little nervous but wasn’t sure about what it meant considering there isn’t much info online about it. Most of the information is outdated. And none of them seemed to display anything there. All of the tutorials have firmware version 1.00 as what I’ve seen so far. I may end up having to purchase [I]another[/I] drive.

Some people want to learn it the hard way. 8-X

me too…

[QUOTE=SeekerofLightiz;2643152]So I decided to order an Asus DRW-24B3ST after doing a little researching about its compatibility.

Anyways, I plugged it in to my computer and tried to flash codeguy’s iHAS524 B firmware using “Flash Utility” after backing up the EEPROM and Firmware. The progress bar went up to two bars and I got the same message: “Error Writing to Flash”.[/QUOTE]

This is the problem you tried to flash the wrong firmware rather then going to Asus to get the right firmware what you were trying to do was crossflash which most likely caused the drive to go to the dump and most likely unrecoverable and voided your warranty. Next time you should make sure to only get the firmware from Asus or whomever is the drive manufacture rather then doing crossflash which risk of failure flash. You should try this site for updated firmware for the correct drive. But looking at that site there is no listing for the drive you listed???

http://www.firmwarehq.com/index.php