Error with Taiyo Yuden

Hi guys,

2 days ago i burn a Image @ 16x on DVD-R Taiyo Yuden ( TYG03). The Burner is a LG H44N with the Firmware RB02. My Problem is i got ~50 Errors in Sector 260h-32fh (~2-10MB).

CD-DVD Speed say Unrecovered Read Errors and DVD Info Pro show me 2 red Sectors, at the begin of the DVD. The Burner can read the DVD, but i dont know the Data’s on the DVD are broken or damaged??

I buy the expensive Taiyo Yuden to get a damaged DVD??

[QUOTE=Exlua;2061291]Hi guys,

2 days ago i burn a Image @ 16x on DVD-R Taiyo Yuden ( TYG03). The Burner is a LG H44N with the Firmware RB02. My Problem is i got ~50 Errors in Sector 260h-32fh (~2-10MB).

CD-DVD Speed say Unrecovered Read Errors and DVD Info Pro show me 2 red Sectors, at the begin of the DVD. The Burner can read the DVD, but i dont know the Data’s on the DVD are broken or damaged??

I buy the expensive Taiyo Yuden to get a damaged DVD??[/QUOTE]

Hi Exlua,
did you try another medium from the same batch? And medium of another brand? What is the brand of your TYs or are they unbranded? 16x Taiyo Yudens are not what they used to be in the past and quite some batches are bad :o

My Taiyo Yuden are unbranded, clear cover and i buy the blank DVD-R’s as Taiyo Yuden. First ich burned the Taiyo Yuden with 18x after that i see the errors and burn the same Image with 16x. And only at this Sectors i got errors…

Try to burn at 12x and 8x to see if it makes a difference. What drive/firmware do you use to make the test? :slight_smile:

Hi,

i use a LG H44N (look in the first Post) with RB02.

I can the Taiyo Yuden only Burn with 18x/16x/8x/4x, but the Media Code Speed Edit say i can burn the TYG03 with 18x,16x,12x,8x,4x.

Flash the older Firmware back?

DVDInfoPro

Nero

Ok i burned the Image with 8x and have the same Error :Z

Edit:
I have tested the burned DVD and the install runs without a Problem. After that i burned a other image and i got no Errors @ 16x :slight_smile:

BTW, your LG drive is based on the Renesas chipset. The bearing this has is that Renesas-based LG drives don’t offer 12x for DVD-R, even though it appears to be available from what MCSE and the firmware shows.

[QUOTE=Exlua;2061291]Hi guys,

I buy the expensive Taiyo Yuden to get a damaged DVD??[/QUOTE]

Most important what the content of that “image” is, where it came from, who has it crated and HOW?