Error with DVD2SVCD

I’m using DVDSVCD to make a backup and all I’m getting is an error that says, ‘F:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_0*_1.vob read error at position ***’ the stars are because it says this for every position! Anyone know what is going on, and why, and how to fix it?

thanks

Have you ripped the DVD to your HD first with DVD Decrypter before loading in the IFO file? This must be done first or else use the internal Ripping tools of DVD2SVCD.

ChickenMan, this is what I’m getting:

…Rippng: F:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_1.vob
Ripping: F:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_2.vob
Ripping: F:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_3.vob
Ripping: F:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_4.vob
Error reading, switching to slow reading and retrying!
You may get unexplainable/unpredictable errors!
F:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_4.vob readerror at position: 695300096
F:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_4.vob read error at position: 69530009…

then the error messege goes on, and on, and on, ect
The files are on my HD, and will play in winDVD, but I’m guessing that they aren’t complete because usually this process takes about 6-8 hours, and this is after only an hour or so. There is still 7.7 G left on the HD, so I don’t think that is the problem?

try either a) ripping directly from the dvd using dvd2svcd’s internal routines (as CM already suggested), or b) ripping the dvd to an iso image, mounting the image to a virtual drive, then ripping directly from the image using dvd2svcd’s internal routines.

7.7gb is definitely not enough free space. i’ve had projects take up to 25gb.

ok, thanks, I’ll try these two things after I get my main HD (160 G) back up and running from my last problem and let you guys know how things turn out.

thanks

If the files are already on your HD tthen you do NOT enable the internal ripping, the files are already “ripped”.