Error wiht dvdshrink 2.3

vbimport

i got this error trying 2 backup any given sunday and hollow man, wiht dvdshrink2.3 does any1 know why i get this error or if is sumtin the i can do to fix it

"CDvdCSS::ReadFailed

The Reason is: Data Error (cydic Redundancy Check)"

thanks

Sounds like there was a error when you decrypted the movie. Re-rip it.

Originally posted by MATA7
[B]i got this error trying 2 backup any given sunday and hollow man, wiht dvdshrink2.3 does any1 know why i get this error or if is sumtin the i can do to fix it

thanks [/B]
See if DVD Decrypter can read the disc. If it can’t then the disc is defective in some physical way. Not the answer you wanted but it might narrow the scope of the problem.

I was having the same problem with a movie i was trying to back up, and i tryed the DVD Decryptor and it read it fine, but the movie is to large to burn with it, I need to use the Shrink for that and it just won’t go past about 7% before i get that [B](cydic Redundancy Check) [/B]error message. NOW WHAT should I do? :doh:

A CDC error message can be caused by a dirty disk. Try cleaning the disc with rubbing alchohol. If that doesnt work, you may have bad disc, so exchenge bad one for a new one.
You can also get a CDC error message if there is new protection on disc.
Try using a more up to date ripper such as DVD FabHD Decrypter, gotten free here:
http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

[QUOTE=MATA7;447030]i got this error trying 2 backup any given sunday and hollow man, wiht dvdshrink2.3 does any1 know why i get this error or if is sumtin the i can do to fix it

thanks[/QUOTE]
you should also update to latest version of DVD Shrink, which is version3.2. (not 2.3)
BTW I think the error message is actually [B]'cyclic", [/B]not “cydic”

I know what your talking about , I had the same thing going on. Everything would look good and when the burning gets to almost 100% it would give me that same error. I was told to check the riped files with this thing called fixVTS1.603. It will scan your DVD files and fix something im not sure what but it works good and will let you burn. Movies look O.K. also.

good luck : )

Sorry, I do have version 3.2 and i spelled the cyclic wrong. But I did run decryptor and it read the DVD just fine, I cleaned the DVD and Shrink will still not completely read it, and the darn thing is to big to burn using Decypher. I downloaded and installed the DVDFab but really havent figured out how to upload the DVD to my computer in a mode that I can burn it with Shrink. Not sure if the DVDFab will shrink it down to fit a regular blank DVD or not, I’m still learning this stuff. I need all the help I can get!!! If you have any ideas, please let me know.:eek: <- me after trying to figure all this out!

[quote=aladdinsgenie;1972726]Sorry, I do have version 3.2 and i spelled the cyclic wrong. But I did run decryptor and it read the DVD just fine, I cleaned the DVD and Shrink will still not completely read it, and the darn thing is to big to burn using Decypher. I downloaded and installed the DVDFab but really havent figured out how to upload the DVD to my computer in a mode that I can burn it with Shrink. Not sure if the DVDFab will shrink it down to fit a regular blank DVD or not, I’m still learning this stuff. I need all the help I can get!!! If you have any ideas, please let me know.:eek: <- me after trying to figure all this out![/quote] You have to buy the Platnium Version of DVD Fab to Shrink it. That said Shrink is an old program and is not updatedd to handle the new protections, so you will need a third party decrypter to do this.:iagree:

Aladdin,
What movie are you having trouble with?

You can rip movie to your hard drive using the free Fab, and then use Shrink to compress the files on hard drive to a dvd disc, unless youve got an unusually large movie. So it would help to know what the movie is.

To use Shrink, click on the “Open Files” button found in the upper left section of Shrink screen, and browse for folder where you had Fab put ripped files on your hard drive.

Narnia

Narnia

I cannot get the trial version of DVD Fab Platinum to let me burn the DVD. The error VSO Burn Engine, not licensed for public distribution. What could the problem be?

I see on line that a DVD Shrink 2008 is supposed to be out, also that all DVD Shrink’s are free, BUT, the 2008 that I found are bundled with other junk I dont want and won’t pay $20 and up for it, especially when they really dont give the version numbers! I have found no reviews for this so called 2008 version either, so who knows if its updated to do what I need or not. I was trying to find programs I could use that are free, my fixed income limits what I can get. I’m on permanent disability with back problems so spend a lot of time on the computer and such. If anyone out there knows of any other free programs that will do the job, and where to find them to download, give me a shout. Thanks all :smiley:

Fab should be able to do Narnia. You should go the Fab subforum and ask for help. Also, if you have Fab installed, there a tutorial on main page under help.

Theres another free program called [B]Ripit4me[/B] and can be gotten at Major Geeks. Be sure you have Dvd Shrink and Dvd Decrypter (not Fab decrypter) loaded on your computer before installing Ripit4me. Ripit is not updated anymore, but can still do all but a handful of movies. As I recall it can do Narnia. It cannot do 310 to Yuma.

As for Shrink 2008, hard to believe its for real, esp if theyre asking money for it.

@aladdinsgenie

Do not be fooled. DVD Shrink’s development ended a couple of years back. Anyone trying to sell you DVD Shrink is trying to rip you off big time.

Regards

:clap: OK, with all the wonderful advice I finely did it and it was so easy once I knew how. LOL I saved it to a folder with DVDFab the backed it up to an ISO file with DVD Shrink and burned it with DVD Decypter. It was really fast that way, a lot faster than doing the entire thing with DVD Shrink in fact. So I will be doing all my DVD backup’s that way from now on, and with the ISO file saved to my second HD i can make additional copies if needed. Thanks everyone for your help. :bow::kiss:

Glad it worked for you.
A lot of people now like to use Imgburn to burn rather than Dvd Decrypter. Both programs are by the same author, but Imgburn is newer and many think better. You might want to give it a try. Its FREE.
Movies take up a lot of space on a HD. Now that you have created an unprotected copy of movie, you can copy the copy using any commercial program.

I downloaded Imgburn and noticed that it replaced the other program. I haven’t tried this one yet but the added features make it sound good. Thanks again for the tips.:cool:

Download and use DVD Hd Decryptor it is free, then use DVD Shrink after you have ripped it with Decryptor, if that doesn’t work you will have to use DVD Hd Decryptor first then use Fixvts, this is free also then use DVD shrink, if you haven’t already fought with it and figured it out.