Error while using CloneDvd

vbimport

Im trying to copy my Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, and I keep getting the following error:

Im using DVD Decrypter. I tried using file and IFO mode, and both give that same error. Everything is on the default settings. Im going for full movie, menus, features, ect.

Can anyone tell me what that error means, and if its a simple fix, or something else.

Thanks

no idea but have you tried ripping with DVD Shrink? just to see if that will do it properly then we know it has to be a CloneDVD problem and not just something wrong with the DVD itself,

also could your hard drive be full?

I have 200 gigs of free space. I just tried using Fight Club as well, and it gave the same error.

I think its Dvd Decrypter, the way its being decrypted.

Any other ideas?

Ill use Dvd Shrink and see what happens.

just trying Fight Club using DVD Decrypter 3.1.6.0

I will let you know if there is a problem.

just finished full Decrypt starting the CloneDVD full process (menus preserved) which I will cancel when it asks for a disc.

CloneDVD went right up to asking for a blank DVD to write to, so I would check the versions of all the software you are using then make sure that the Clone Temp folder is on a partition big enough,

post as much information as you can EG: Operating System, File System, Version numbers of all the software used and the details about the DVD region, country, EAN (barcode) number etc.

I am wondering if this could be something to do with you running XP but on a FAT32 partition and CloneDVD not being able to create a large enough VOB file,

Xp, plenty of file space. Both Clonedvd and Dvd Decrypter are up to date. All my Dvds are region 1, except for a few. Butch Cassidy and Fightclub are BOTH region 1. I live in the USA, so all my stuff is American heh.

I had another Dvd of mine I bought, a region 2, and it didnt have any kind of security on it. So I used Clonedvd, second option with menu features ect, and it worked fine.

I really think its the Dvd Decrypter, and how Im using it.

I have tried both File and IFO modes, with none splitting files, and the rest is all default. Any ideas?

Again, Im trying to go for a full clone, WITH all the menus features ect.

Try using Smartripper in backup mode for ripping. It seems to be quite foolproof, no pun intended. You might have to look for new ASPI drivers, though. Try aspi!.exe.

cu
Horst

Bruce you say you have XP with plenty of space BUT is the file system NTFS or did you install XP on a current Fat32 partition?

try ripping with Decrypter again but this time in Tools > Settings > File Mode, put File Splitting to ‘by file’ and Select File set at ‘All’ now try ripping again and see if that solves your problem.

I dunno what this error is but I never saw it while testing and I saw some errors!

The FAT32 limitation error is different - more like a warning than an error. CloneDVD will not let a read begin if there is not enough room in the path either.

Hehe, remember it’s not whether XP is installed or not, it’s whether the path is NTFS :wink:

@ FutureProof

but does CloneDVD give the same error when the files have already been ripped to a FAT32 partition?

personally I prefer Win2k over XP first time I installed XP (and I tried it for months) I couldn’t believe the ‘early learning centre’ GUI

>but does CloneDVD give the same error when the files have
>already been ripped to a FAT32 partition?

…not quite sure what you mean…

Im not positive about this, but I expect CloneDVD would like the files as they are on the original disc. That means you dont change a single setting in DVD Decrypter away from its default value. Especially not the file splitting ones!

Which is how I do it apart from having the files set at ‘All’ the only DVD I have been disappointed with so far is a Simpsons Series 2 which looked like shit when finished, Roll on 2 layer DVD9-R, anyone suggest a different Transcoder to test out?

I am using DVD Decrypter all the time now instead of DVD Shrink, I even tried Ripping one DVD whilst CloneDVD Transcoded the next it came out perfect, oh and I was browsing and listening to MP3s as well :slight_smile: I love my Dual CPUs

any idea when the general public (IE: me) will be able to get their hands on the SlySoft tool or Any DVD whatever is’t called :slight_smile: (never mind just read your comment ‘about two weeks’ on another post)

hey WTF did the Mad POM come from!! :slight_smile: (now I just know I am going to get a stupid answer to this) O_o

Originally posted by MadBob
try ripping with Decrypter again but this time in Tools > Settings > File Mode, put File Splitting to ‘by file’ and Select File set at ‘All’ now try ripping again and see if that solves your problem.

Thats funny because I tried that right before posting this.

It worked out fine. Im glad I figured it out, but its great that you posted that, because thats what I needed.

Thanks to all, for the help, especially MadBob.

I just tried a Romeo Must Die rip with DVD Decrypter.

Auto-Selected the main movie then added in the other IFOs (only two more) - CloneDVD complains about “one file structure error” on the write. So there’s more to it than just all the IFOs as described in another thread.

Rip all the files and there’s no problem.

Hmmm that goes against what Olli said doesnt it?

Perhaps we should be having words!
Then again, you said the problem only occurs when attempting to burn? The actual processing bit worked ok?

Perhaps Olli didnt test that bit?

>Hmmm that goes against what Olli said doesnt it?

…it seems so. I’ve checked and checked before posting and it seems to be just this title, but I’ll check about dozen others before I commit to an opinion :wink:

…and I sent you an email

Yup yup, ive read it. Sorry for not replying as of yet!
Naming probably isnt a good idea but im happy to help you in any way I can.

Originally posted by FutureProof
[B]>Hmmm that goes against what Olli said doesnt it?

…it seems so. I’ve checked and checked before posting and it seems to be just this title, but I’ll check about dozen others before I commit to an opinion :wink:

…and I sent you an email [/B]

There may be times, where I am wrong, sorry…

falls over in shock, did Olli just say he was fallible… err… no hang on

There MAY be times, where I am wrong, sorry…

phew! had me worried then :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Olli
[B]

There may be times, where I am wrong, sorry… [/B]
I don’t believe this for one minute :bigsmile: because the principle is right (all the .IFOs) the disc could just have a bad structure or some other cause.