"Error While Reading

vbimport

please choose what to do: retry, abort, ignore or ignore all"
Using Vista and 6.2.05 I have two burners on the machine. I get this error when I use the second burner as the destination (tried it with two source burners), but when if I use the same source burner as the destination I don’t get the error. Note also, the error comes at the very end of reading/copying, but does continure to make the/a disk on the destination burner. (I don’t really know yet if it is good or not)
Any thoughts, thanks

[QUOTE=RDSATKAYCEE;2474289]please choose what to do: retry, abort, ignore or ignore all"
Using Vista and 6.2.05 I have two burners on the machine. I get this error when I use the second burner as the destination (tried it with two source burners), but when if I use the same source burner as the destination I don’t get the error. Note also, the error comes at the very end of reading/copying, but does continure to make the/a disk on the destination burner. (I don’t really know yet if it is good or not)
Any thoughts, thanks[/QUOTE]

Hi RDSATKAYCEE

Let me see if I have this right…
You have two drives/burners, when you use drive/burner 1 as the source and drive/burner 2 as the destination you receive the read error message…Right.

But if you use drive/burner 2 as the source and drive/burner 1 as the destination you don’t get the error message…Right.

If this is the case it sounds like you need to clean the lens on drive/burner 1.

[B]SJ[/B]

sounds good SJ except:
Using two different drive one’s it shows the problem
and
either ‘drive one’ burner used for source AND destination it does not show the error
I really appreciate your help

[QUOTE=RDSATKAYCEE;2474431]sounds good SJ except:
Using two different drive one’s it shows the problem
and
either ‘drive one’ burner used for source AND destination it does not show the error
I really appreciate your help[/QUOTE]

You know it could also be the drive/burner that you are having this issue with can just be bad or picky when it comes to reading :frowning:
I have 7 drives/burners and two of them gives me trouble with reading depending on the condition of the DVD, I even have a new Samsung that hates Sony DVD’s and just flat refuses to burn them :rolleyes:

Oh BTW…have you checked the transfer rate of the problematic drive to make sure it is in DMA mode and not PIO ? that can cause the drive to produce read errors :iagree:

[B]SJ[/B]

Again though, having the issue with two different burners. Have interchanged Sam 18 times and LG 16 times as number one burner and they both show the error when using drive two as destinatiion, but when using itself as destination they do not show the problem.

[QUOTE=RDSATKAYCEE;2474709]Again though, having the issue with two different burners. Have interchanged Sam 18 times and LG 16 times as number one burner and they both show the error when using drive two as destinatiion, but when using itself as destination they do not show the problem.[/QUOTE]

Sorry not sure what you mean by interchanged :confused:
are you saying that you switched their position on the IDE cable or the IDE controllers on the motherboard ?

If you have another computer to test the drives/burners on and they work fine I would suspect either the IDE cable is faulty and needs replacing or there is an issue with the IDE controller :frowning:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2474735]Sorry not sure what you mean by interchanged :confused:
are you saying that you switched their position on the IDE cable or the IDE controllers on the motherboard ?

If you have another computer to test the drives/burners on and they work fine I would suspect either the IDE cable is faulty and needs replacing or there is an issue with the IDE controller :([/QUOTE]

I used the Sammy as drive one and it showed the issue then I used the LG as drive one and it showed the issue
thanks SJ

Any more thoughts on this issue?

[QUOTE=RDSATKAYCEE;2475622]Any more thoughts on this issue?[/QUOTE]

Go into common settings the green circle with the check mark top right of program and change pathplayer to always enabled. Then give it another try

Check out the screenshot below

thanks, GJ, just tried it and it did not make any difference. any more thoughts?

Is this using the same DVD movie with all tries to get it to work if so ty another movie to see if it will work

thanks GJ, been there and done that; it does the same on all movies

So with burner one as the source and burner two as the destination the error occurs.

Is it the same with burner two as the source and burner one as the destination?

[B]Wombler[/B]

hi wombler, yes, i have tried it numerous ways; changing the burners on the cable, changing the master and slave positions. Seriously and realistically I do not think there is anything I haven’t tried.
Other thoughts?

You sure they set as master and slave?

Thanks GJ, but yes, absolutely at this point positive. Note, I have changed them back and forth and their postions on the cable to no avail.

Hi RDSATKAYCEE

I suggest you try replacing the IDE cable, also when was the last time you took a can of compressed air and blew out the dust inside the case ? if it has been a while then you may want to give it a shot also when you do disconnect the cable from the motherboard to ensure there is no dust on the connections.

thanks sj, I will try that and let you know in a day or so. Question though why would this make a difference when using a different burner as source and destination but does not make a difference when using the same burner as source and destination?
I will let you know the results, thanks again

[QUOTE=RDSATKAYCEE;2476320]thanks sj, I will try that and let you know in a day or so. Question though why would this make a difference when using a different burner as source and destination but does not make a difference when using the same burner as source and destination?
I will let you know the results, thanks again[/QUOTE]

You stated you got the issue when using drive#1 as the source but not when using drive#2 as the source

in post #5 you got the same issue when you interchanged them on the IDE cable…(eg)…moved drive#1 to drive#2 and drive#2 to drive#1, and you had the same problem with drive#1 which was drive#2 which didn’t have the issue until you interchanged changed them…thus leads me to beleive it is the IDE cable itself and/or the IDE controller :frowning:

Haven’t been on in a while, Internet problems at home, but noticed this thread. I’ve had this happen a few times and it seemed the drive needed cleaning. As far as this problem, it sounds like you have tried everytingl.