Error when running smartburn in Windows 7

vbimport

I just tried to run the smartburn utility (3.5.4), which I downloaded directly from Lite-On, for the first time since I installed Windows 7 last week. It didn’t run, and this is the message that came up:

“this program requires a missing windows component”.

Any idea what could be causing this? Is this program not compatible with Windows 7? It used to work with XP just fine for me.

I also tried running “cache explorer” that tests my drive to see if it caches audio data, and it did nothing. After setting compatibility mode to XP SP3, it crashed Windows Explorer. Are these just older programs that won’t run on Windows 7?

Hi
SmartBurn3.5.5 works just fine for me in Win7 Ultimate 64bit, but I prefer to use C0deKing’s EepromUtility6.0.1

I didn’t know there was a 3.5.5 version. Just downloaded it and it runs fine for me. Thanks for the link to the eeprom utility too, I had the 6.0.0 version, and for some reason I couldn’t get the book type settings to stick. This version took care of that for me, so thanks!

sorry but may i ask from where did you download 3.5.5 version from? i can’t find it anywhere.

[QUOTE=GDRIVER;2572584]sorry but may i ask from where did you download 3.5.5 version from? i can’t find it anywhere.[/QUOTE]
From http://www.liteonit.com/global/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=153