Error when ripping DVD+R made from GoVideo R6640 Recorder

Hi-

I tried to seach, but either got no results or a page can’t be displayed error. I would have thought this would have been easy to track down. Anyway, I need some help.

I have a GoVideo R6640 DVD recorder. I normally wouldn’t have selected GoVideo, but I got it for $50 at a store that was going out of business. Anyway, it works great in my opinion, that quality is very good.

But here’s the catch. When I try to rip a recorded DVD, it doesn’t matter if it’s finalized or not, DVD+R or DVD+RW, I get an error. I can click OK and continue and the image or files are fine, and I can reburn them fine and play the new disc, but I’m curious what this is and if it’s specific to set-top boxes, GoVideo, or who knows what.

The error is attached. This is from DVDDecrypter, which I use most for ripping. DVDShrink says “invalid file”, but DVDShrink won’t continue.

Any ideas? Any way to get rid of it?

Thanks

This type of message usually occurs when there’s a read error on the disc somewhere, and is certainy not specific to standalone DVD recorders. It might be due to the quality of the discs you’re using though, since you don’t mention what the brand/MID is.

If all you want to do is get rid of the message, then there’s an option in the DVD Decrypter ‘Settings’ menu to ‘Ignore Read Errors’. Otherwise you might benefit from the advice on this page, which shows you how to set up DVD Decrypter to ‘copy aggressively’…

Thanks. I use Verbatim DVD+R 8x or 16x. I did read somewhere else, after much searching, that someone else has the same problem with the machine.

Good discs, but 8x and especially 16x is way too fast for a recorder that won’t be doing anything faster than 1x (unless there’s been firmware update to take account of this).

Try some slower discs, perhaps those rated at “1-4x”.

sorry – put in this thread by mistake // please ignore this post