Error settings

vbimport

what are supposed to be the correct fast error skip settings in clonecd.

is this right?

read retries: 0
error correction: software

does it change from protection to rpotection, and if so whats the best for each.

in case hardware plays a factor i have both a plextor 12/10A and a Toshiba SD-M1212.

thanks in advance.

The standard settings will mostly do fine. The standard settings are read retries 3 and error correction software. Never use the ‘none’ option. Use the hardware error correction when you’re reading from your Tosh since these drives won’t work very well with the software mode. They’re quicker with Hardware correction.

Of course you can also use a different read retry setting (eg. 0) to speed things up a little but keep in mind that the drive might pick up errors it normally (with 3 retries) wouldn’t. I suggest you stick at 3.

Note: When you do a right mouseclick in CloneCD on one of the options you will get an explanation of the option… You could have read this there :wink:

Note: When you do a right mouseclick in CloneCD on one of the options you will get an explanation of the option… You could have read this there

oops. sorry. thank you for the help though. :slight_smile:

Heheh no problem… I don’t think a lot of people know about the right mouseclick in CloneCD… I have to admit I only found this out recently when I did an update for the Dutch language file :smiley: