Error! SCSI status 4 Windows error code 121

vbimport

Nero Discspeed displays the above error at the end of each test when jitter option is enabled. Jitter test seems to run but no graph is displayed. The drive ATAPI iHAS122 C supports jitter. This happen with the drive connected to the onboard controller of an Intel Z97 motherboard. If I connect the drive to a separate controller card (with different chipset) then jitter test runs fine. I had this problem before on a different Intel motherboard. Usually I have jitter disabled to avoid the problem. Is anyone having this problem?

That error code indicates that the I/O operation between the drive and the controller timed out (didn’t receive a response in a specified time). This could be caused by a number of issues, and I can’t really tell you exactly what caused it in your case, maybe it’s a bug in the controller itself for all we know.

Try the following patched version of Nero CDspeed: http://upload.cdfreaks.com/liteon/tools/CDSpeed-SE3-47716.rar

Do you still get the error with that?

Jitter not working

Similar error with the patched version too. Note that jitter graph is not showed during the test but numeric results are.

Then it’s a driver issue on the controllers end (not the drive itself or CDspeed). This problem may be fixed by changing your SATA mode from whatever it’s set to now (probably AHCI to IDE emulation, or vice versa) in BIOS. Note that this might require a reinstall of your OS (I get a BSOD when I change my laptop’s SATA mode from IDE emulation to AHCI mode and try to boot, despite having the AHCI drivers installed).

Changing SATA mode from AHCI to IDE fixed the problem and it did not require to reinstall Windows. Could this be a driver issue and a different version could work with AHCI?

By installing Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers the error does not appear in AHCI mode.

[QUOTE=aztekk;2780927]Then it’s a driver issue on the controllers end (not the drive itself or CDspeed). This problem may be fixed by changing your SATA mode from whatever it’s set to now (probably AHCI to IDE emulation, or vice versa) in BIOS. Note that this might require a reinstall of your OS (I get a BSOD when I change my laptop’s SATA mode from IDE emulation to AHCI mode and try to boot, despite having the AHCI drivers installed).[/QUOTE]

Before attempting to enable AHCI in BIOS, you need to change the ‘Start’ entry from the default 3 to 0 in one of the following registry keys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\IastorV

After this is done, you can reboot and enable AHCI in BIOS and windows will happily boot up without any bluescreen.

For more information, check Microsoft’s entry on the subject:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/922976

[QUOTE=Xercus;2781005]Before attempting to enable AHCI in BIOS, you need to change the ‘Start’ entry from the default 3 to 0 in one of the following registry keys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\IastorV

After this is done, you can reboot and enable AHCI in BIOS and windows will happily boot up without any bluescreen.

For more information, check Microsoft’s entry on the subject:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/922976[/QUOTE]

Tack så mycket! (eller hur säger man det på norska? lol)

I’ll certainly give that a go, although I never bothered with the laptop (it’s new haswell based) that much since it has a HDD and the only thing keeping me from using XP on it (as I do on all my other PC’s) is the WLAN card which doesn’t have XP drivers (everything else does, sort of anyway). So I’ll probably buy another WLAN card/chip and install XP64 which I haven’t found a working haswell AHCI driver for (and obviously XP doesn’t have one built-in). Intel’s one crashes no matter how you install it (even with F6 method during XP install).
It’s verified to be an issue with the driver itself, and I have found a custom made AHCI driver on some forum that’s supposed to allow for AHCI on XP and XP64 for Ivy Bridge and Haswell, not much use on the laptop but I bought a Crucial MX100 256gb SSD for my main PC (Ivy Bridge) in 2014 and that could certainly benefit from NCQ.

@kyrcy, I’m glad you got your problem fixed.