Error! SCSI Status 1 and Samsung SH-S243N!

vbimport

Hi

:aEvery time i try to burn using Nero 4.11.x ‘Create Disc’ i get the following error with the following media: Sony branded TYG03, Sony branded YUDEN000 T02 and Sony branded SONY16D1.:a

I also cannot burn these discs in ImgBurn too!

Hey moderator!

I made a mistake. Please move to Samsung Forum…

NBK

Fixed :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=mciahel;2536393]Fixed :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks,

Michael

:aI tried Windows XP SP3 ‘safe mode’…same result!

NBK

Some ideas:

• bad cable -> replace
  • Sata controller issue -> What Sata controller is your drive connected to?
  • power issues -> try another connector from your PSU
  • bad drive -> test in another computer

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2536493]Some ideas:

• bad cable -> replace

Michael[/QUOTE]

Hi michael,

I forgot to mention that it will burn Verbatim blank MCC and MKM DVDs w/o fail.

I will replace the cable Tuesday when i get back.
The Samsung is attached to the Maximus Formula’s SATA controller built in to the MF.
I will try another power connector.
If all else fails, i will put the Samsung into another computer.

Thanks
NBK

[QUOTE=NBK;2536513]
The Samsung is attached to the Maximus Formula’s SATA controller built in to the MF.[/QUOTE]What is “MF”? :confused:
According to Asus website, this motherboard has two Sata ports that are recommended for optical drives: -

2 x SATA 3.0 Gb/s port (White) - SATA_ODD1 + SATA_ODD2 Intel® P55 Express Chipset built-in

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2536595]What is “MF”? :confused:
According to Asus website, this motherboard has two Sata ports that are recommended for optical drives: -

Michael[/QUOTE]

Sorry Michael,

MF is short for ASUS Maximus Formula motherboard.

I am out of town right now. I will check the manual if there are two SATA ports for optical drives.

Thanks
NBK

[QUOTE=mciahel;2536595]What is “MF”? :confused:

Michael[/QUOTE]

I downloaded the ASUS Maximus Formula motherboard manual. I did not find anything about any specific SATA ports ports for optical drives.

:eek: perhaps I read the specs of a different version of that motherboard :doh:

Since you have the manual at hand: are there additional Sata controllers on this motherboard?
Make sure your drive is connected to one of the ports controlled by the Intel chipset.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2536962]:eek: perhaps I read the specs of a different version of that motherboard :doh:

Since you have the manual at hand: are there additional Sata controllers on this motherboard?
Make sure your drive is connected to one of the ports controlled by the Intel chipset.

Michael[/QUOTE]

No, there are no additional SATA controllers. I have 6 SATA ports that i believe are controlled by the Intel chipset. The JMicron controller is PATA only…

NBK

No idea :frowning:

Michael

[QUOTE=NBK;2536384]Hi

:aEvery time i try to burn using [B]Nero 4.11.x[/B] ‘Create Disc’ i get the following error with the following media: Sony branded TYG03, Sony branded YUDEN000 T02 and Sony branded SONY16D1.:a

I also cannot burn these discs in ImgBurn too![/QUOTE]

How old is that Nero version?

Get imgburn or update nero…

[QUOTE=chef;2537246]Get imgburn or update nero…[/QUOTE]You missed this (although you quoted it):

I also cannot burn these discs in ImgBurn too!
:wink:

Michael

If i use the most recent version of Nero DiscSpeed, 5.4.24.100, i get this error with the Samsung SH-S243N!

[QUOTE=mciahel;2536493]Some ideas:

• bad cable -> replace

Michael[/QUOTE]

Hi all,

The Samsung SH-S243N works fine in another box without error messages in Nero DiscSpeed 5.4.x.

Hi,

My Samsung SH-S243N will now burn Sony branded Taiyo Yuden!!! Evidently, replacing the SATA cable and tried another power connector worked. I will post quality scans later.

Thanks
NBK