Error Reading/Write Control

I have been getting an error reading/write control when I try to back up a DVD. What is causing this?

Hey There,I’ve been getting the same message meself since d/ling vers.6 sometimes it will continue to burn…sometimes not.The curios thing to me is,I went back to using vers.5250,and it’s coming up on that too.I think that ,well obviously,there is a bug in this new ver.and somehow crawled into the earlier ver.The best thing to do,what I did anyway was uninstall dfab and re d/l it{ver.5250}and that seems to take care of the error box…Hope this might help…B

Does your burner have the latest firmware

[QUOTE=bandog101;2278271]Hey There,I’ve been getting the same message meself since d/ling vers.6 sometimes it will continue to burn…sometimes not.The curios thing to me is,I went back to using vers.5250,and it’s coming up on that too.I think that ,well obviously,there is a bug in this new ver.and somehow crawled into the earlier ver.The best thing to do,what I did anyway was uninstall dfab and re d/l it{ver.5250}and that seems to take care of the error box…Hope this might help…B[/QUOTE]The bug is probably in the VSO burning engine. Try installaing v6.0.1.0 again, but theis time UNcheck the box in the installer that says “Install VSO Burning Engine”. This will leave the previous install of it (from 5.2.5.0) intact and working if that is the problem.

Signals…Very good idea!!!..Trying that never crossed my mind.Huh,…I did’nt know that could be done.Gotta remember that {if it ever happens again}…Thanx Demi-God of the web…B

Jimbo…All is up to date …I use a proggy that alerts to new driver up-dates…B