Error Reading with Clone DVD

vbimport

When Burning/backing up DVD’s with Clone (and ANYDVD) 3 times out of 5 I will get this error message.

ERROR CREATING DVD FILES
Creation of DVD Files Was Not Sucessful:
Schedular O F:/Video_TS/VTS_01_2.vob:23
Read Error TC Sector Reader TCE
OK

Now, I get this message when it is trying to read the disk.

With Lizzy McGuire it did it at 13%, Johnny English was at 9% while Buffalo Soldiers got to 90%(!!!).
I have tried to copy & paste the video & audio files directly onto my hard drive, but that has failed during the video file as well.

I tried to clean the disks using Car Polish and even an electric buffer, but even thats no good. And yes, there are little scratches on the disk, but surely if its good enough to play the thing through one of the players, its good enough to burn.

I am using latest Clone & Sly
Sony DRU +/- Burner

>Read Error TC Sector Reader TCE

The issue is well known. The disc is damaged/smudged

So is this a problem only for clondvd ?

Originally posted by ozdrew
So is this a problem only for clondvd ?

No, you said it yourself:

> I have tried to copy & paste the video & audio files directly onto my hard drive, but that has failed during the video file as well. <

Maybe your drive is broken, or your IDE drivers are not from Microsoft?

Try to use another drive (yor writer?) and get rid of VIA; INTEL or NVidea Busmaster IDE drivers.

Thanks Olli, all my drivers are standard XP … I reformatted last week to be sure that wasnt the problem.

Try to use another drive (yor writer?) and get rid of VIA; INTEL or NVidea Busmaster IDE drivers.

what do you mean here?
can you be any more specific for me?

thanks again.

i had the same problem,

Clone DVD would come up with error, I found a solution to my problem albeit strange.

I had 7 GB of space on my hardisk (after using decrypter to copy film to H.disk). It would always fail with Clone DVD regardless of title. Then after a little experimentation I found that whenever I had 9GB or more free on H.disk it would work - every time.

Work that one out…but this has solved my problem - although it sounds like you have wiped your H.disk anyway.

Sunrise