Error rates with High Speed burns and cdrinfo

vbimport

OK I am a bit dense...all drives will have C1 errors not C2 errors...so my point was wrong...and I am sorry for screwing

I have seen several people mention about write quality of the liteon 48x vs Plex , Yahama(results are wait see)

Well I got curious and went to cdrinfo.com....checked write quality on various drives...

The checked with software from ?? Digital Drives but I can not check the link...

these were with 40x drives...

Plex on Mitsubishi chemical 32x 1.4 C1 errors on 80min cdr
1.8 C1 eerors on 74 min
Maxell media at 1.9 to 2.2 C1 errors

Liteon 40125S(ZS0D fw) with the Mitsubishi media 0.6 errors..did not test Maxell...with TY 24x error rate was 0.2

Asus 48x writer did not fair as well...
the only media that did well at 48x was TY 40x cdr...with 1.1

48x burn time seems similar to Liteon 48125W about 2:45 for ?? 700mg

So it appears none of the high speed recorders are "perfect"..they all are producing errors to varying degrees...

Seems from what we are seeing the Liteon 48125W is doing very well and maybe the best at 48x as compared to Asus 481648

Of course we will need to wait till they get a Liteon to confirm this but looks good ...

This makes me much more relaxed about the issue of errors I am seeing....WRONG..I am getting a few C2 errors I guess from scandisc???

Plex maybe doing better as I am sure this is an older review and newer fw is out....

So I do not believe the Yahama 44/24/44 will be any magically better..they all seem to produce a few errors...I could be wrong..the C2 error rate may be less

Apparently, C1 errors will always exist. I am more concerned about C2 ones which will overall affect the intergrity and readability of the cdr.

so have I misunderstood the various errors…C1 are OK but C2 are not…

Right. C1 errors are smaller than C2 errors, and they are inavoidable. Of course, they should be as few as possible, but 0,2 is already almost perfect.

IIRC, a C1 error rate of less than 10 or 20 is deemed acceptable.

BTW, has anyone been able to get UM Doctor Pro working on their Lite-ON, and better yet, find a version in English instead of Japanese? seems to be a very promising program.

Before seeing graphs from this program I thought C1 errors could not be detected by any software or required special hardware…

What is a C2 error and why do certain readers pick up errors than others…why do the locations of these errors change when read by Nero CD Speed…is there a better program to evaluate these errors…

In Nero CD Speed…there are 2 tests…one is scandisc and the other is cd quality check(does this check for C2 errors) …is the scandisc like checking a HDD for a bad sector…would this equal an unreadable sector…what would damaged mean them in a comparative fashion…