Error on recorded CDs after sucessfull writing

vbimport

Hi all,

I´m having a very strange problem on recording CDs in my computer. I use a HP CD-writer 9300 (it´s old I know...) it´s set as the master of my secondary IDE and it´s alone there.

What´s happening is that after burning the CDs using Nero (v. 6.3.0.2) it all goes that way it supposed to, whitout any errors, but when I try to use or play them, they got corruption at the end of it. I was using Dr. Hank and then I tried S-Mac media (which I was told that is reliable and others friends used it as well whitout problems too).

I´ve already tried to slow the recording speed but it didn´t made any difference. Oh, the firmware it´s the last one avaible.

This image bellow shows the test with Nero CD Speed, on a CD that I recorded

That´s it, tks in advance, any help is very welcome!! Best regards!

As you can easiily see, this disc is full of errors. It could well be that your HP drive doesn’t like these media and thus gives problems.

There are a few things you can do:

1. get other (better?) media
  2. update your drive’s firmware and see if the support/handling of this media type has been enhanced
  3. get a new drive :wink:

Can you perhaps post some more information?

1. the firmware of your drive (can be viewed with Nero infotool and such)
  2. the ATIP of your media (download CDRIdentifier here!

And btw… welcome aboard!

Hello Dee-ehn!

Tks for the fast reply! And I´m happy to be aboard too, it´s very hard to find a place where people know what they´re about! :wink:

Yeah, I´ve already figured it was full of errors, first because to go on to 90% it took about 2hrs, then I gave up… About your suggestions:

• better media is a good option indeed do you sugest any type? I´ve downloaded the CDRIdentifier and here´s what it says:

ATIP: 97m 29s 49f
Disc Manufacturer: Viva Magnetics Ltd.
Reflective layer: Dye (Short strategy; e.g. Phthalocyanine)
Media type: CD-Recordable
Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
nominal Capacity: 702.83MB (79m 59s 74f / LBA: 359849)

By the way, what is ATIP and how can I use this info? And what are the types of reflective layer?

• the firmware of my HP 9300 is the 1.0c (which I think is the last one released)

• and last but not least, getting a new drive is one my options really, in fact that´s why I´m testing all the possible causes of this problem to know if I´ll need a new drive (even I don´t have the money for it right now) :slight_smile:

Well, if you need any more info that can help me out on this, plz just say! And, again, tks a lot for the help