Error occurs when shrinking

vbimport

I was backing up season 1 of Cheers today. I got t he first 3 discs with no problem at all, but when I started backing up disc 4, I only got about 15 seconds into it when I got an error “Error occurs when shrinking” :confused:

Any suggestions?

Wipe the disc with a lint free cloth, from center to outer.
Try replacing the disc in the drive , spin it a little
This seems to occur on a frequent basis when doing seasons, always seems to be 1 disc that will give you trouble.
If you have a nd drive try using it

[QUOTE=bean55;2727374]Wipe the disc with a lint free cloth, from center to outer.
Try replacing the disc in the drive , spin it a little
This seems to occur on a frequent basis when doing seasons, always seems to be 1 disc that will give you trouble.
If you have a nd drive try using it[/QUOTE]

I already tried cleaning it and took it out to do other discs. I put it in later to try again and it still gives me the same error.

Some drives read better than others Do you have a 2nd drive to try it in?

[QUOTE=bean55;2727817]Some drives read better than others Do you have a 2nd drive to try it in?[/QUOTE]

No, I don’t. But I borrowed my husband’s computer (my computer crashed the other day and is in the “hospital” right now) and tried it and got the same error.

As I said I have a couple series that I was not able to get 1 disc backed up.I just make sure I am extra careful with that one.
Or you could try and purchase a better reader unless others can help.

Sounds like the program may need an update for those discs. They probably show as 50gb in size instead of 8gb. Send the log files to support and they will update fairly quick for you

[QUOTE=Isa40;2727349]I was backing up season 1 of Cheers today. I got t he first 3 discs with no problem at all, but when I started backing up disc 4, I only got about 15 seconds into it when I got an error “Error occurs when shrinking” :confused:

Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Do you use Ideal DVD Copy? If so, please eject the original DVD, then restart your computer, and close all the other applications and try the following steps to shrink the DVD again.

1. open our program and click the third “Configuration” button in the left bottom corner of the main window, click “Shrinking” tab, check “Prompt” and save it.(after finish compressing this DVD, you can restore this option to your favorite one.)

2. Copy the DVD to your hard drive without compression. Please choose ‘To Hard disk…’ from Destination dropdown list to select a folder on your hard drive as the target. And please click “No” when our program prompts you to compress the DVD or not.

3. Compress the DVD from hard drive. Please choose ‘From hard disk…’ from Source dropdown list to select the “VIDEO_TS” folder of the DVD as the source. And please click “Yes” when our program prompts you to compress the DVD or not.

Hope you could succeed. If still fail, please keep the original DVD into your drive as source and click the icon on the left top of the window of Ideal DVD Copy, then click “Export bup files” to export a .buz file and attach it to our support team support@idealdvdcopy.com through email. We will help you.

[QUOTE=Moonlight79;2728462]Do you use Ideal DVD Copy? If so, please eject the original DVD, then restart your computer, and close all the other applications and try the following steps to shrink the DVD again.

1. open our program and click the third “Configuration” button in the left bottom corner of the main window, click “Shrinking” tab, check “Prompt” and save it.(after finish compressing this DVD, you can restore this option to your favorite one.)

2. Copy the DVD to your hard drive without compression. Please choose ‘To Hard disk…’ from Destination dropdown list to select a folder on your hard drive as the target. And please click “No” when our program prompts you to compress the DVD or not.

3. Compress the DVD from hard drive. Please choose ‘From hard disk…’ from Source dropdown list to select the “VIDEO_TS” folder of the DVD as the source. And please click “Yes” when our program prompts you to compress the DVD or not.

Hope you could succeed. If still fail, please keep the original DVD into your drive as source and click the icon on the left top of the window of Ideal DVD Copy, then click “Export bup files” to export a .buz file and attach it to our support team support@idealdvdcopy.com through email. We will help you.[/QUOTE]

This worked perfectly!! Thank you! :bow: