Error Msg while burning disk

Hi

Could someone shed some light on this error msg.

I 1:03:23 AM Don’t repair SubChannel Data: No
I 1:03:23 AM Write Simulation: No
I 1:03:23 AM Burn Proof / Just Link: No
W 1:03:23 AM CD-Writer PHILIPS PCRW804 can’t write 96 bytes SubChannel Data (CD-Text/CD+G)!
I 1:03:23 AM Writing Session 1 LeadIn…
W 1:03:38 AM Writing to CD failed, ILLEGAL REQUEST: LOGICAL BLOCK ADDRESS OUT OF RANGE (5:0x21:0x00)
I 1:03:43 AM Flushing buffers…
I 1:03:43 AM Duration of operation: 00:00:19
E 1:03:45 AM Writing to PHILIPS PCRW804 failed!

I tried version 3.3.2.1 and a previous version with the same results. :frowning:

WOW, i had that too.

I don’t remember what i did to fix it though.

Maybe you are using the wrong settings??

Originally posted by pingless
W 1:03:23 AM CD-Writer PHILIPS PCRW804 can’t write 96 bytes SubChannel Data (CD-Text/CD+G)!
Well seems pretty obvious to me. Your writer can’t read the full SubChannel Data :frowning: Your writer can only write 16 bytes (see here). What kind f game are you trying to copy?

I was attempting to archive Return to Castle Wolfenstein

In that case, you dont need subs anyway…RtCW has no protection on the disc.

Read it with all options off…write it with only Close Last Session enabled.

RtCW only uses a CD Key as protection.

So the question remains what caused the following error msg.

W 1:03:38 AM Writing to CD failed, ILLEGAL REQUEST: LOGICAL BLOCK ADDRESS OUT OF RANGE (5:0x21:0x00)

Did you try reading and writing RtCW the way I suggested? How did that go?

When you read the image the first time, did you have subs on? If so, maybe your burner is now trying to burn that image with subchannel data included and it can’t do it.

Today, I was able to burn a disk with the image installed on my drive. I didn’t do anything different today, so my system must have gremlins or the Philips drive may be failing. I still do not what caused the original error. While burning the disk CloneCD still informed me that it could not write 96 Bytes of SubChannel Data.