Error Messages with Vista

vbimport

Hi,

Every time I try to launch DNC I get the following error message twice. Once before the splash screen and once after. The program seems to works after that but it’s wierd and annoying.

c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe
System\CurrentControlSet\Control\VirtualDeviceDrivers. VDD Virtual Driver format in the registry is invalid. Choose “Close” to terminate the application.

I’m running vista Home 32 premium 6.0.6000 and DNC Standard 2.9.8.5

I uninstalled DNC and Machinist, deleted the DNC folder, did a registry scan and a clean install , but the problem still appeared, even with only DNC installed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jerry Kornbluth

[QUOTE=gkornbluth@bellso;2000916]Hi,

Every time I try to launch DNC I get the following error message twice. Once before the splash screen and once after. The program seems to works after that but it’s wierd and annoying.

c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe
System\CurrentControlSet\Control\VirtualDeviceDrivers. VDD Virtual Driver format in the registry is invalid. Choose “Close” to terminate the application.

I’m running vista Home 32 premium 6.0.6000 and DNC Standard 2.9.8.5

I uninstalled DNC and Machinist, deleted the DNC folder, did a registry scan and a clean install , but the problem still appeared, even with only DNC installed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jerry Kornbluth[/QUOTE]

Try this click on the link I provide and read and follow what it says.

[B][I][U]Please click here. VDD post it will explain how to fix.[/U][/I][/B]

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;2000985]Try this click on the link I provide and read and follow what it says.

[B][I][U]Please click here. VDD post it will explain how to fix.[/U][/I][/B][/QUOTE]

Forgive, but you have given the reference to the decision of a problem for XP, and the decision for Vista is necessary. So the answer is necessary

[QUOTE=Hichigo74;2518711]Forgive, but you have given the reference to the decision of a problem for XP, and the decision for Vista is necessary. So the answer is necessary[/QUOTE]

Give the link that the doc supplied a read again especially the part in red for the XP instructions as I quoted it below

[ol]
[li]Click [B]Start[/B]->[B]Run[/B] and type [B]Regedit[/B]. Click [B]OK[/B]
[/li][li]Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\VirtualDeviceDrivers
[/li][li]Delete the VDD value [B][I][U]NOTE: I did not delete this I just added the VDD value to the string below and it removed the error On Vista[/U][/I][/B]
[/li][li]Click [B]Edit[/B]->[B]New[/B]->[B]Multi-String Value[/B]
[/li][li]Name the value [B]VDD[/B], press Enter
[/li][/ol]