Error message

vbimport

Could some1 plz tell me what the following eror message means?

Hardware error : no additional sense information

Thank you

More information please.

What operating system are you using?
What kind of program are you using when this error occurs
What is it you have running (in the background) when this error occurs?

DOes this error occur everytime at the same time, or at different occasions…

Can’t say anything about this when you don’t give us more info to go on.

Try checking out these search results since they can help you a lot!

[off-topic]

Originally posted by Da_Taxman
[B]More information please.

What operating system are you using?
What kind of program are you using when this error occurs
What is it you have running (in the background) when this error occurs?

DOes this error occur everytime at the same time, or at different occasions…

Can’t say anything about this when you don’t give us more info to go on. [/B]

No offense, but I think that sometimes there is really no use in providing this information you ask for in your standard reply… the orginal poster just wants to know what the error ‘hardware error: no additional sense information’ means. He doesn’t ask for a solution… I guess you need more info if you want a solution, especially the question ‘what program were you using and what were you doing’ is important in that case.

[/off-topic]

But to get back to the error: in your case you get an hardware error from a device which is accessed by an aspi-layer. So I guess it is your cd-reader or cd-writer. Normally you would get additional sense-information, this is a 3 byte code, representing: key (for example: KEY_ILLEGAL_REQUEST), code and qualifier. This extra information gives you a clue where to look for the cause. In your case, you don’t get the extra sense information, so no clue for you…

Anybody know where to find information regarding mmc2-scsi-aspi-api errors? What do those 3 error-codes mean in the sense information? What is sense information? Anybody knows of some good website or a good document on the net?

:slight_smile: