Error message trying to use Binflash (NEC ND-6500A)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the NEC ND-6500A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]My original firmware version: 2.25. When trying to flash with Binflash and version 2.25BT for bit setting the following message appears: “The firmware does not provide a bootcode version”. I have experimented with other versions and the same error comes up. I have spent the last few days reading every post I can find and nothing is becoming clear as to what’s happening. Any guidance would be appreciated.

[QUOTE=Littleshark;2183611][qanda]This thread is about the NEC ND-6500A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]My original firmware version: 2.25. When trying to flash with Binflash and version 2.25BT for bit setting the following message appears: “The firmware does not provide a bootcode version”. I have experimented with other versions and the same error comes up. I have spent the last few days reading every post I can find and nothing is becoming clear as to what’s happening. Any guidance would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Try booting into safemode first

I have tried that and it also failed. After I close the error window it states: “Found 0x3030 - Expected 0xffff”. When I try to use any version of firmware this message is exactly the same. Thanks for the fast response.

This could be a bug in the latest Binflash version.

I had to change several parts in this area to make Binflash compatible with files containing more than one firmware.

I’ll try to investigate as soon as possible.

I very much appreciate any effort put towards this problem. Never had any trouble flashing drives in the past and I’m sure this will resolve also. Thanks again.

Found and eliminated the bug. Fixed version will uploaded.

Success! New firmware flashed and bitsetting is now available. Thanks again for all your efforts.