Error message: Not enough space in C drive

Hi,
I’ve been using DVD Fab for over a year and never before have I seen this message. I’ve tried compressing + cleaning + defragmenting files in C drive to get more free space out of it (from 4G to 5G) but still no luck.

Please help, thx.

If you are trying to process a long movie, you may need up to 10GB free space. See the system requirements on dvdfab.com.

Thx for your reply. And I apologise for not being clear: it’s not the destination drive that does not have enough free space (it has over 50G), it’s C drive where the program files are at, that’s why I’m puzzled.

Hi aarakis,

What copy mode do you use? What’s the compressed quality?

What destination drive do you use?

Do you output to DVD writer or hard disk folder or ISO file?

What’s your temp folder settings?

If possible, please upload a screen shot for the problem.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Fengtao

DVDFab uses the C drive for its Temp files by default; you can change the temp file location in Common Settings. This behaviour is different if the Target is a HDD folder or ISO, which should not be a problem. Make sure you have “Delete Temporary Files When Done” checked, also in Common Settings.

What copy mode do you use? What’s the compressed quality?
DVD9 to DVD9 or DVD5, Full Mode, Main Movie, Customized, I’ve tried them all. Compression ranges from 99% to72%

DVD writer, I’m trying to burn a movie from an HDD

Do you output to DVD writer or hard disk folder or ISO file?
Output to DVD writer

What’s your temp folder settings?
I’m at work now so I’m not sure, but I clean the C drive once a week by running “cleanmgr”

If possible, please upload a screen shot for the problem.
ditto.

[QUOTE=aarakis;2049887]
[COLOR=“blue”]
DVD writer, I’m trying to burn a movie from an HDD
[/QUOTE]

Do you mean using hard disk folder as source?

That’s right.
What’s funny is that I’ve done this many, many times before and this is the first time I’m having this problem.

[QUOTE=signals;2049881]DVDFab uses the C drive for its Temp files by default; you can change the temp file location in Common Settings. This behaviour is different if the Target is a HDD folder or ISO, which should not be a problem. Make sure you have “Delete Temporary Files When Done” checked, also in Common Settings.[/QUOTE]

your answer is in this post - check it then report back if you still have an issue.

Thx. I will do that and report back later, thx!!

A
ARAKIS,
I think drive c is your hard drive. So before you defragment do a
disk cleanup,also click on drive c,and check how many downloads
you have. Then look through them for old non essential files.
So delete any you don’t really need.Then defragment. Then you
should free up enough space that you need.
Good Luck ZAP.

Thx everyone.
I re-assigned the Temp directory to another drive with lots of free space and the problem went away.

I should have explored more on my own before troubling you guys.
Thx again for your tips.