Error message: error shockwave flash player plugin has crashed

Running windows xp pro
google chrome not sure what version
internet explorer 8
This is the problem, I was using google chrome browser on Facebook, in Farmville. Message popped up at the top of the screen, "Error message: shockwave flash player plugin has crashed, it went way. About 10 secs later it popped back up, and shut the whole system down, restarted itself, and now is frozen at start up. Doesn’t sound like the tower is booting up, when manually turning system off and then back on by power button. Please help!!!

Please boot in safe mode.

When I turn the computer on it freezes upon startup, I don’t have a chance to get to the boot menu.

I get that error message all the time when I’m on certain sites that causes the
flash player plug-in to crash. It happens in IE8 and also in Fire-fox 3.6.9 it never
has caused anything like you are describing sounds more like it is something else
that is causing you trouble.

Hate to say this but it sounds more like a dead/dying hard drive to me since it is
freezing up before the OS loads while still in the BIOS. Check to make sure that
the hdd data cable and power cable are plugged in and that they are making a
good connection.

When first turning the system on look and see if the BIOS is seeing and recognizing
the hdd and do you get any kind of error message in the BIOS like bootdisc failure or
anything like that? :confused:

[QUOTE=chicie_77;2543583]When I turn the computer on it freezes upon startup, I don’t have a chance to get to the boot menu.[/QUOTE] Please try a bootable operating system disc. If that also fails, it’s a hardware problem.