Error message: CD-writer not compatible with Clone CD

I have a periodic problem with the latest version of CloneCD on my new Lenovo Thinkpad R61 with drive HL-DT-ST-DVDRAM-GMA-4082M.

I can Read To Image File but when I try to Write from Image File I get this error: CD-writer is not compatible with CloneCD.

I can copy cd´s with other software, so I do not understand, why CloneCD can not work properly.

I would be very grateful for any help. I just bought CloneCD yesterday.

Hi diheor and welcome:

The screenshot is from the Slysoft support page. Do any othese things apply?

Thank for your very quick answer. RecordNow is pre-installed on the machine, but how do I turn it of if it is running resident and prevent it from starting again?

[QUOTE=diheor;2147528]Thank for your very quick answer. RecordNow is pre-installed on the machine, but how do I turn it of if it is running resident and prevent it from starting again?[/QUOTE]

I don’t use RecordNow (and never have) but I would be surprised if there isn’t a way within the program to disable it (may require a restart). Be patient and I’m sure a forum member with experience can assist.

If you don’t get an answer within a day, enter a reply with any word (members often use “bump”) and that will elevate it to the top of the postings.

I received this from the Slysoft Support.:flower: I hope this will fix the problem. Apparently the Clonecd tray icon is now activated:

Maybe your writer only works in RAW-SAO mode. You can set your writer to this mode with the following method:

Eject all media from your CD/DVD drives, so that they are empty. Close the tray(s).

Then open CloneCD.
Then click on the right CloneCD icon with the rubber symbol (“erase CD”).
CloneCD will start examining the (non-existing) CD.
While it is doing this, click on the hand symbol (“STOP”).

Now CloneCD will open a window. On the left side you see a symbol of your
CD/DVD writer.
Right-click this symbol and choose “Settings”.

There you can set your writer to other writing modes than RAW-DAO. RAW-SAO works fine with most writers (or RAW-SAO+SUBS, if you copy karaoke CDs, too).

Leave the other settings as they are.
Then confirm this window with OK.

Afterwards you can cancel the erasing process.
From now on the writer will write in RAW-SAO mode.

[QUOTE=diheor;2147528]Thank for your very quick answer. RecordNow is pre-installed on the machine, but how do I turn it of if it is running resident and prevent it from starting again?[/QUOTE]

I would stay away from anything that is RecordNow and Roxio and Nero Incd those programs has a tendacy to cause nasty problems with other burning software with Slysoft burning programs and with Windows own burning program. Uninstall those programs they don’t do your computer any service. Here my take I have Nero 6.6.1.15a without Incd installed. I can use its’ other functions and still its happy with slysoft on my system. Oh yeah, what kinda cable do you have connected to your burner 40pin or 80pin cable?