Error message 403

I just switched to Window 8 Pro, when reinstalling some of my programs such as annoyances. org, I get an error message, “Http 403 forbidden”
So far this Win. 8 is a pain in the butt. Any help appreciated.

The “Error 403”-Message comes from a website that has been called either by you (using a web browser) or a tool you installed and that now tries to “phone home” for whatever reason.
This is not related to your OS at all.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2671188]The “Error 403”-Message comes from a website that has been called either by you (using a web browser) or a tool you installed and that now tries to “phone home” for whatever reason.

Michael[/QUOTE] Thanks for the reply, I understand Wombler has the same problem, perhaps he can explain it more concisely than me. As I am a somewhat of a newbie. Thanks,
Jim

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2671232]Thanks for the reply, I understand Wombler has the same problem, perhaps he can explain it more concisely than me. As I am a somewhat of a newbie. Thanks,
Jim[/QUOTE]I understand Michael closed this thread, why, Wombler has the same problem, am I being redundant??
l

[QUOTE=mciahel;2671188]The “Error 403”-Message comes from a website that has been called either by you (using a web browser) or a tool you installed and that now tries to “phone home” for whatever reason.

Michael[/QUOTE] There must be a problem with that website ATM as I get that same error as well.
Wombler

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2671232]Thanks for the reply, I understand Wombler has the same problem, perhaps he can explain it more concisely than me. As I am a somewhat of a newbie. Thanks,
Jim[/QUOTE]

You referred to annoyances.org and when I tried to access that website last night it came up with the 403 error you mentioned.

It’s now producing the following message so the site is being worked on ATM.

Annoyances.org is temporarily down for maintainance and will return shortly.

Whatever software you’re using is trying to access that site but it’s not available ATM.

[B]Wombler[/B]