Error Logging on to XP Home Edition

vbimport

I can’t log on to Windows XP Home edition due to the following message ,on the welcome screen after i typed the passwrod and the pressed ‘enter’ button and then this logon message was coming up : “The system cannot log you on due to the following error:The parameter is incorrect. Please try again or consult your system administrator.”

I recently installed some Microsoft recommended updates and after the required restart I’m now unable to log on. I don’t remember what the updates were called.

Is there anybody knows how to fix the problem ,please help me.

Thanks in advance for any help you may have,

Make sure that your password is correct, number lock is on if you use numbers in your password. Capital letters doesnt effect the username, but it does effect the password. Make sure that the password if case senitive, is eneter correctly.

If that doesnt work,
Press F8 after the computers starts (Just before windows starts)
try using “Last good known”
OR restore system function in safe mode.

Micrsoft has started checking for pirate copies in part of the world. When you do an update, some systems will not start(SP2), some will get a message stating that you have 30 days to purchase a license. (All this is new and will effect about 50 countries)

Try this, at the log on screen, press CTRL+ALT+DEL until the “classic style” logon window appears, then for the username type in Administrator and leave the password blank and try to login and reset your password for your username.

This is assuming you didn’t set an administrator password or that you use a username other than administrator.