Error in v2.0.10

vbimport

My C drive had Intel ICH 10 raid 1 and D drive is Raid 5. E drive is my SSD.
I had set cache on D drive,After reboot,when login desktop i got an error message–>The start of the boot disk cache failed.Th cache is automatically removed,:EB000007,

Hi,
please look at Disk manager if your boot volume is marked “active Partition”. This may be the reason for this error message, because the VeloSSD Boot Sector did not get executed. Therefore the software neutralizes the cache to prevent malfunctioning.
You can make the boot volume an active partition by right clicking it and selecting “Mark active”

I can not see the picture you post.The orignal C drive can successful set velossd cache and successful boot and login desktop.The C drive already act a active partition.

[QUOTE=EliteBytes;2652249]Hi,
please look at Disk manager if your boot volume is marked “active Partition”. This may be the reason for this error message, because the VeloSSD Boot Sector did not get executed. Therefore the software neutralizes the cache to prevent malfunctioning.
You can make the boot volume an active partition by right clicking it and selecting “Mark active”
[/QUOTE]

That sounds like the 0xEb000007 is away ?

No~Still there,But if i set cache on C drive is ok.The error appear when set cache on other drive beside C drive.

You have a C boot cache.
And you want a D boot cache.
So do you got a dual boot configuration ?
Or is D a data volume ?

I just wanna set cache on D,but had error,so i test try set cache on C,C can successful set cache on it.

If D is a boot volume and not marked as active partition you will get error.
Mark D as active, and try to boot D without cache.
If that works you should be able to successfully install a boot cache on D.

Have i understood you ?

The OS install on C partition, D drive is another disk .D drive did not have OS installed, can D drive set as active partition?

No dont do that.
If it is not a boot volume it should not be active partition.
Best is leave it like it is and post a screenshot of disk manager.
We can then reproduce what you write.

H drive is SSD.C drive is OS installed.The OS is Windows 2008R2

[QUOTE=EliteBytes;2652358]No dont do that.
If it is not a boot volume it should not be active partition.
Best is leave it like it is and post a screenshot of disk manager.
We can then reproduce what you write.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the screen shot.
I am beginning to understand.

Please correct me:
this worked in an older version.

So it looks like I have to apologize
on behalf of EliteBytes for a bug
in the 2.0.1.0 Version that
prevents creation of what you described.
We´ll get that fixed and will post here.

Kind Regards
Support

Hi,
the Setup has been replaced with one that works again with the situation described above.

A cache volume on a primary and on a secondary disk were successfully created using this setup.