Error in Nero Vision with Dolby sound

vbimport

#1

I was try to convert an avi file to DVD with Nero Vision Express. The input file has Dolby 5.1 sound which was extracted directly from a DVD. Before you ask why on earth was I doing this it was only a test as I’ve not used NVE before.
I’m using the latest version (3.1.0.0)

It fails telling me
“Unable to prepare data for recording. Prepare session failed. Transcoding of videos failed.”

In the error log was this message

[18:50:56] MMTools adding cached d:\Temp\Enemy at the Gate.avi audio/0
[18:50:57] DVDEngine ********END: _VOBS - Process VOB
[18:50:57] DVDEngine ******END: VTSTT_VOBS#1 - Process Create
[18:50:57] DVDEngine ****END: _DVDVideoBase - Prepare VTS#1
[18:50:57] DVDEngine **END: _DVDVideo - Prepare
[18:50:57] DVDEngine #####################################################
[18:50:57] DVDEngine ERROR
[18:50:57] DVDEngine cause: 128 (nmc_processing_exception)
[18:50:57] DVDEngine source: GetSampleData
[18:50:57] DVDEngine description: The owner SID on a per-user subscription doesn’t exist
[18:50:57] DVDEngine #####################################################
[18:50:57] DVDEngine **BEGIN: IDVDSessionBaseImpl - Clear
[18:50:57] DVDEngine **END: IDVDSessionBaseImpl - Clear
[18:50:57] DVDEngine END: IDVDVideoSessionImpl - Prepare

Anyone know what this means. It only fails when the sound in the input file is Dolby 5.1 as I tried another couple of avi files.


#2

On my other computer , which is configured much the same , this problem doesn’t exist. Must be something I’ve done wrong. Any ideas?


#3

Solved my problem. Removed some unnecessary codecs & then removed ffdshow. Everything fine now.


#4

Hey TimC,

I have the same error you were receiving on my machine now (after updating the K-Lite Codec Pack from 1.71 to 2.01). I have tried several variants of the install, and even a patch/update that was released shortly after 2.01 was released.

I managed to fix an avisplitter issue which caused NeroVision to ‘crash’ when loading the AVI file. Haali doesn’t want to work on my machine, but Microsoft works just fine for the avisplitter. Whatever :P!

Anyways, If you don’t mind me asking, which codecs did you have to remove? Any AC3 related? Other audio codecs interfering?

[09:29:28] MMTools    SourceBuilder: building cached d:\--- To Be Burned ---\Movies\lrc-btt.avi video/0
[09:29:29] MMTools    SourceBuilder: building cached d:\--- To Be Burned ---\Movies\lrc-btt.avi audio/0
[09:29:29] DVDEngine  ********END: _VOBS - Process VOB
[09:29:29] DVDEngine  ******END: VTSTT_VOBS#1 - Process Create
[09:29:29] DVDEngine  ****END: _DVDVideoBase - Prepare VTS#1
[09:29:29] DVDEngine  **END: _DVDVideo - Prepare
[09:29:29] DVDEngine  ########################################################################################
[09:29:29] DVDEngine  ERROR
[09:29:29] DVDEngine  cause: 128 (nmc_processing_exception)
[09:29:29] DVDEngine  source: GetSampleData
[09:29:29] DVDEngine  description: The owner SID on a per-user subscription doesn't exist
[09:29:29] DVDEngine  ########################################################################################
[09:29:29] DVDEngine  **BEGIN: IDVDSessionBaseImpl - Clear
[09:29:29] DVDEngine  **END: IDVDSessionBaseImpl - Clear
[09:29:29] DVDEngine  END: IDVDVideoSessionImpl - Prepare
[09:29:30] DVDEngine  BEGIN: IDVDSessionBaseImpl - RegisterCallback
[09:29:30] DVDEngine  ..Session callback unregistered...
[09:29:30] DVDEngine  END: IDVDSessionBaseImpl - RegisterCallback
[09:29:30] DVDEngine  BEGIN: IDVDVideoSessionImpl - ~IDVDVideoSessionImpl
[09:29:30] DVDEngine  END: IDVDVideoSessionImpl - ~IDVDVideoSessionImpl

I am running the latest NeroVision v4.7.0.16. Geez, I just realized this post was from 2005, I hope you can still remember :wink: :P!

I hate recurring issues. Problem is, I rolled back to 1.71 but the issue remains. I guess the uninstaller isn’t pulling the codec from the system as it is supposed to, or it changed the registry.

That would suck :(!


#5

To be honest I can’t remember what codecs I removed but seem to recall that once I removed ffdshow that the problem went away. However , I know that others have no such problems with this.

Back in those days I installed codec from the those packs like you’ve done but now I only install these as they’re needed which generally means Xvid only.

You could try Avicodec which enables you to disable a codec. Might help you getting to the root of the problem.