Error flashing dvd drive

vbimport

in short:

i own a NEC 3530A dvd burner, and i tried flashing it with necflasher found here:

http://binflash.cdfreaks.com

i used the firmware i found in the same page too.

so this is what happened. i firstly made a backup of my own firmware. everything smooth. i still have it.

then i applyied the new one. it starts flashing, everything goes smoothly (no errors or anything) until it says that i have to restart. i restart the pc happily and…

the dvd burner makes strange noises :sad:

i think, well, bad luck i’ll restore the one i backed up!

i try and… get this error

firmware expects different bootcode. found 0xFFFF expected =x3035

i tell him confidently to go on restoring the firmware i personally backed up, goes on for a while until when entering safe mode make the error

error entering safe mode
error while flashing. :a

i try to keep calm, and restart windows in safe mode with command promt only and try again flashing my backup firmware… but no results.

should i throw away the drive?

thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

karsten

Which firmware was on the drive and which one have you flashed with?

[QUOTE=chef;1998669]Which firmware was on the drive and which one have you flashed with?[/QUOTE]

for the one on the drive i think it was 1.03c or 104c, i tried to flash with IOData OEM firmware 3.23 fast

(thanks for the fast reply)

by the way it seems there’s something wrong with that firmware:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f86/my-3530a-update-iodate-oem-v323-failed-help-196288/

i’m at the very least the second one with the same problem :doh:

I would just try flashing with another firmware, maybe even in real dos and from another computer.
It would be unnormal that your drive got damaged by just using that firmware.

[QUOTE=chef;1999122]I would just try flashing with another firmware, maybe even in real dos and from another computer.
It would be unnormal that your drive got damaged by just using that firmware.[/QUOTE]

i have tried to flash all the firmwares on the page i mentioned getting always the same result… what i can’t really understand is it not accepting my own firmware dump :a

for what concerns real dos it’s impossible from my pc configuration, expecially now that my cd drive is gone…:doh:

any suggestion?