Error code

vbimport

I am not a computer whizz so i hope someone can help with my error code that keeps popping up when i go to download wild tangent games,i have been downloading them for a while now but for whatever reason now i cant the error code reads,{ output file is wrong size should be 455888 but is 9176}

I can’t help with this error code except I’d try to eliminate my hardware as any cause, and the first thing I’d do is run a DISK CLEANUP and a DISK DEFRAGMENTER, then restart my computer.

From the Start Menu, I go to

PROGRAMS… then
…ACCESSORIES, then
…SYSTEM TOOLS

and select DISK CLEANUP. This will take a few minutes, depending how often it’s done. (If it takes 10-15, 30 - fine, let it.)

After this is completed, go back to SYSTEM TOOLS and select DISK DEFRAGMENTER and select “C Drive” to ‘defrag’. This can take minutes or hours, depending on how often it’s run. (If I do this daily, it takes only moments. If I do it only weekly, I must wait tens of minutes. If I do it less frequently, I often let it run overnight.)

Once it’s completed, I do another Shutdown-Restart.

Then I’d try another download. If the error persists, then you can be more confident that this isn’t YOUR computer’s issue, but THEIR system’s file-transfer error.

[QUOTE=gogasgranny58;2645284]I am not a computer whizz so i hope someone can help with my error code that keeps popping up when i go to download wild tangent games,i have been downloading them for a while now but for whatever reason now i cant the error code reads,{ output file is wrong size should be 455888 but is 9176}[/QUOTE]

Wild tangent is unfortunately borderline to malware/spyware, and security measures in your browser or anti-virus software may be interfering with it. Or it could be just a temporary snag with their servers. I spent some time diagnosing and repairing a family member’s computer that was suffering from serious slowdowns, and removing the Wild tangent installations was one of the measures that helped bring it back to life. Their plug-ins and software can consume appreciable computer resources reporting back to their servers with info about your computer, use at your own risk :(. You may have luck with either using a different browser, or TEMPORARILY disabling your anti-virus software to download.