Error code

I recently encountered problems with my dvd rw, as it wouldn’'t load cds. ran a diagnostic and received the error code 11f1:2832 timeout waiting for irq. I have a dell studio 1735, running vista home premium. Can anyone give me some tips on how to deal with this code? Thx, wapsi

Did you make any system changes?

You can check the connectors going to the DVD drive and make sure they are properly seated, also unplug then re-plug them back in.

If that doesn’t work you can try either going into the control panel -> device manager and uninstalled the controller for that DVD drive, Or clearing the CMOS on you MB.

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=wapsi;2479903]I recently encountered problems with my dvd rw, as it wouldn’'t load cds. ran a diagnostic and received the error code 11f1:2832 timeout waiting for irq. I have a dell studio 1735, [/quote]did you run Dell Diagnostics or something else?
Make sure you have the latest version of Dell Diagnostics (download from http://support.dell.com after entering your service tag in the “search for drivers” menu. The software will update your diagnostics partition; it can also create a bootable USB stick (or a CD image)). Run the test again.

Can anyone give me some tips on how to deal with this code?
If Dell Diagnostics reports an error, then some hardware is faulty. Contact Dell support for advice (hopefully your laptop is still under warranty).

Michael