Error 401 with Disney "Cars:

I get error 401 trying to copy the main movie of Cars. Now the disc only has 36.5 GB of data on it, yet Blu Ray to Blu Ray reports (even on Main Movie) that there is 109 GB of data to shrink down to Blu Ray 25. That is not right. Why does the latest 6.1.0.5 do that? I wanted to experiment with the program and it’s ability to shrink Blu Ray 50 down to Blu Ray 25. Am I doing something wrong???

Thanks

Bob

[QUOTE=bobmitch;2447573]I get error 401 trying to copy the main movie of Cars. Now the disc only has 36.5 GB of data on it, yet Blu Ray to Blu Ray reports (even on Main Movie) that there is 109 GB of data to shrink down to Blu Ray 25. That is not right. Why does the latest 6.1.0.5 do that? I wanted to experiment with the program and it’s ability to shrink Blu Ray 50 down to Blu Ray 25. Am I doing something wrong???

Thanks

Bob[/QUOTE]

Hi Bob

Has you know the BluRay feature is fairly new and has much work that is needed and also at this time DVDFab can’t handle BD+ protection, although Fengtao has stated that BD+ decrypting will be supported soon there still is much to do on this option.

However all users/members can help increase functionality by sending the needed information on problematic dVDs so Fengtao can analyze the structure of the disc in question, please read and follow
the steps here[B]->[/B] http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/how-send-us-correct-info-files-dvd-blu-ray-228008/

Thank you
[B]SJ[/B]

[QUOTE=bobmitch;2447573]I get error 401 trying to copy the main movie of Cars. Now the disc only has 36.5 GB of data on it, yet Blu Ray to Blu Ray reports (even on Main Movie) that there is 109 GB of data to shrink down to Blu Ray 25. That is not right. Why does the latest 6.1.0.5 do that? I wanted to experiment with the program and it’s ability to shrink Blu Ray 50 down to Blu Ray 25. Am I doing something wrong???

Thanks

Bob[/QUOTE]

bobmitch,
SJ is absolutely correct.
And no you are probably not doing anything wrong, there is a bug with 6.1.0.5, causing source scan not to open disc, and the compression functionality is still very much a work in progress.
So your options are to go back to version 6.0.7.0 if you have that available and rip to your HDD, then try to shrink it through Tsmuxer to a 25 gig size if it will allow that much shrinkage, with a 36.5 you can some times get it down to 25 gig’s or.
wait till they have resolved the issues at fab.

Just to keep this one up to date:

V6.1.1.0…I was able to get the program to analyze Cars and even copy it to the hard drive. Burn failed…

v6.1.1.2…back to the error 401, even though the program gives the proper parameters.

Looks like this is a difficult one

[QUOTE=bobmitch;2449522]Just to keep this one up to date:

V6.1.1.0…I was able to get the program to analyze Cars and even copy it to the hard drive. Burn failed…

v6.1.1.2…back to the error 401, even though the program gives the proper parameters.

Looks like this is a difficult one[/QUOTE]

bobmitch,
I think we can work through this,
open common setting…> DVD/Blu-ray /Write / Blu-ray / Write Speed / Writable media (BD-50)size / select 43700.

Left column Blu-ray to Blu-ray / Default output size / select BD 25 1080P / check the “always remove HD audio”

General at top /GPU acceleration / disable GPU acceleration.

close common settings go back to DVDFab in the quality bar choose BD 25 1080P.
hopefully that should help, if not please let us know :smiley:
PS bob do you have ImgBurn, if not I would suggest you download it.very useful tool

Made all the changes and still get the following:

With 6.1.1.0 I no longer got error 401. Something has changed. Emailed the logs from within the program. Guess I just sit and wait…

[QUOTE=bobmitch;2449548]Made all the changes and still get the following:

With 6.1.1.0 I no longer got error 401. Something has changed. Emailed the logs from within the program. Guess I just sit and wait…[/QUOTE]

sorry I couldn’t help, ya did the right thing by forwarding the log files, hope you get resolved. :iagree: