Error 400

[quote=O’Canada;2197453]When you’ve copied a Full DVD, despite the error appearing, have you ever tried playing it?

I’d be interested in hearing whether it plays or not (since as you say, the .IFO and .BUP files aren’t ported over).

Might be interesting to see if a Main Movie copy will play, too.

Please advise.

O’C[/quote]
O’C i saw no anwser to your question so i did the job. I install again V.5230 and i did the main movie of the same DVD.Again at the very end of the process i had again "Error 400().i try playing it with PowerDVD but the OK button was grey.So i unistall again 5230 and install again 5122 and i did the same main movie with success again.Also see the difference in the Video TS folders .
please advice because as you can see i am trapped with V.5122.
Thank’s. Ant

[QUOTE=ant1rock;2198269]O’C i saw no anwser to your question so i did the job. I install again V.5230 and i did the main movie of the same DVD.Again at the very end of the process i had again "Error 400().i try playing it with PowerDVD but the OK button was grey.So i unistall again 5230 and install again 5122 and i did the same main movie with success again.Also see the difference in the Video TS folders .
please advice because as you can see i am trapped with V.5122.
Thank’s. Ant[/QUOTE]

I appreciate your attempt to help, but it’s not helping.

You, from the screens you’ve been sending, indicate you are using the full version of Fab. On the other hand, [B]Honziq[/B] is using the freebie, DVDFab HD Decrypter version.

When you are using ver. 5.2.3.0, you are shown as failing before the copy even starts, even though you are getting the .VOB files.

Your problem is totally different from his. If you want to start your own thread, please do so and we’ll take a look at it.

[B]Honziq[/B] was right when he said there must have been a change to the software - I’m trying to determine just how big a change was made.

And you didn’t answer my question, either. Can those mpeg files be played on anything without the IFO files?

O’C

:slight_smile:

And you didn’t answer my question, either. Can those mpeg files be played on anything without the IFO files?

O’C
O’C Yes they can be played.I played them with PowerDVD and WinDVD.
So for now I am waiting for the next version and if the error persists i will start a new thread.Thank’s again for your help.
ant

Go Common settings - General and change:
Temporary directory -> C:\DVDFab_Temp
and
Output directory -> C:\DVDFab_Output

The path should consist of English letters to Temporary directory and Output directory!
And the error 400 will be gone

[QUOTE=ant1rock;2199508]And you didn’t answer my question, either. Can those mpeg files be played on anything without the IFO files?

O’C
O’C Yes they can be played.I played them with PowerDVD and WinDVD.
So for now I am waiting for the next version and if the error persists i will start a new thread.Thank’s again for your help.
ant[/QUOTE]

I’m sure [B]Honziq[/B] will thank you if he ever comes back and posts again, as you have done his work for him. I was, however, hoping to get my answers from him…

For your info, the freebie version (DVDFab HD Decrypter) has been spiked to the point that all it will do now is decrypt a disc, and all it will write are the .VOB files - no navdata at all. (except what’s embedded in the .VOB files).

Which I was pretty sure was the case when I asked him if the files would play at all, but the road of discovery I was trying to take him on didn’t work out.

The perils of using the freebie.

Your problem, on the other hand, is, I suspect, a software conflict. Something on your system is stopping Fab from doing its job. What? you haven’t told us [B]everything[/B] that’s on your system, so it looks like you’ll be going on a journey of discovery of your own to nail that piece of offending software.

O’C

To: [B]Viksen[/B]

I wish it was that easy to fix mal-performing software - just correct some spelling error…

However, he may have inadvertently pointed you in the right direction…whatever is giving you those foreign language entries in your file system would rank very high on my list of ‘things-to-check’.

Good Luck!

O’C

:iagree:

I wished to say the [B]error 400[/B] is connected with national characters in the folder names.

[QUOTE=Viksen;2199585]I wished to say the [B]error 400[/B] is connected with national characters in the folder names.[/QUOTE]

Error 400, when issued by DVDFab, which in this case it was, is a transcoding error usually refering to either the operation in progress or the one about to start. The error code itself doesn’t really hint where the error occurred.

Try this for an experiment. Open a new folder in your Desktop, and title it, say, “afjksdhfsfhsf”. Now try to drag-and-drop a file to your newly created folder, and let me know if you generate an error code 400 during that process.

Or, if you want a more stringent test, re-map your keyboard in any foreign language and try the same test. (change just the folder name to a foreign language, then re-map back to English and try it).

O’C

I would like to listen [B]ant1rock[/B] or [B]Honziq[/B]…

Thank you, Viksen, you’re my savior:clap:
The error was really caused just with [B]national characters[/B] in a path to a target folder

Now some notes to the previous discussion:
I tried to save ISO and BUP files to the VIDEO_TS folder with copied VOBs. This movie folder could be played with PowerDVD, but could not be opened with DVD Shrink.

P.S. Sorry for my silence…

Hi Viksen,O’C,
sorry i was too busy the last four days so i didn’t have the time to see the problem “error 400() again. So today i download the new version 5230 over the old 5122 without change anything and i try to copy to HD the same movie and at the end of task 1 the error appears again.As you know the Fab file is in the folder " My Documents” which in my PC is written in my language (My OS is XP PRO Service pack 2) greek edition. Now this time i didn’t uninstall the V.5230 but i change in "common settings "the Temp Directory to C:\ DVDFab_Temp . So now they aren’t any national characters in target folder and i try again to copy the movie. The result this time was…OK!!!
So for a couple of hours i test all the modes and in all ,the results were OK. No more error 400. Also i did the movie with V.5230 and 5222 only changing the Temp directory.So i think that after V.5122 Fengtao something has change in the program and the new versions have problem with national characters.
Anyway ,VIKSEN THANK YOU very much for your suggestion because with your help i solve a big problem:clap::clap:
Also Thank’s StormJumper and O’C for your comments to the thread

Hi Honziq, ant1rock!
I was glad to help you :slight_smile: