Error 400

I’m using the latest version (5.2.3.0) of DVDFab HD Decrypter with an Acer TravelMate notebook, region 2. When copying a DVD to a harddisk, the process always fails at the very end with the 400() error code (please note, there are no numbers in the parenthesis!). The target folder (VIDEO_TS) contains only VOB files, but no ISO and BUP files. This problem occurs in Main Movie and Full Disc modes (which are only available in a free version), and with all (protected and unprotected) DVDs.
I don’t use DVDFab very frequently. First I met this problem in 5.2.2.2 version, an upgrade to 5.2.3.0 didn’t help. Other DVD backup software like DVD Shrink works normally. No hardware changes, operation system upgrades etc. have been made in my notebook. Thanks for all answers and solutions!

The error codes list says it is a transcoder error of some sort.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-3-error-codes-list-193820/

Do you have the Path Player enabled when necessary or always enabled set in Common settings?

[quote=Honziq;2193695]I’m using the latest version (5.2.3.0) of DVDFab HD Decrypter with an Acer TravelMate notebook, region 2. When copying a DVD to a harddisk, the process always fails at the very end with the 400() error code (please note, there are no numbers in the parenthesis!). The target folder (VIDEO_TS) contains only VOB files, but no ISO and BUP files. This problem occurs in Main Movie and Full Disc modes (which are only available in a free version), and with all (protected and unprotected) DVDs.
I don’t use DVDFab very frequently. First I met this problem in 5.2.2.2 version, an upgrade to 5.2.3.0 didn’t help. Other DVD backup software like DVD Shrink works normally. No hardware changes, operation system upgrades etc. have been made in my notebook. Thanks for all answers and solutions![/quote]
Version 5222 was very buggy and thats statement is being nice, when you updated there may have been something un-altered.

Try doing a clean uninstall using one of the guides below according to your operating system…make sure you have your registration key handy.

also not knowing more about your system make sure you have preformed some computer maintenance and have at the least 15% of your HDD of free space available.

To ds47: Path Player enabled when necessary.
To StormJumper: I’m using WinXP SP2, CD-ROM QSI DVD±RW SDW-082. I’ve made a clean uninstall according to a guide, but the problem continues on. I installed the program and tried to run the process on a different computer, and it works normally. Well, I think it’ll be the the best to reinstall the system… :a

[quote=Honziq;2194197]To ds47: Path Player enabled when necessary.
To StormJumper: I’m using WinXP SP2, CD-ROM QSI DVD±RW SDW-082. I’ve made a clean uninstall according to a guide, but the problem continues on. I installed the program and tried to run the process on a different computer, and it works normally. Well, I think it’ll be the the best to reinstall the system… :a[/quote]
What about my other statement ?–>“also not knowing more about your system make sure you have preformed some computer maintenance and have at the least 15% of your HDD of free space available.”

also or your drives connected with 40 wire IDE cables or 80 wire cables ? maybe there is a problem with data transfer :confused:

1. Of course I’ve got enough space on my HDD.
  2. I don’t know the cable types.
  3. I don’t understand, how there could be a problem with a data transfer. The program saves all VOBs, but at the very end of the copying process it is unable to create ISO and BUP files. I have been using DVDFab since 2007, and errors like this never occured till now. I tried to reset DMA, inactivate anti-virus etc. (I know, it’s silly…), no effect.

I think I’ll let the other members give you help with your issue, don’t think I will be much help.

Have a nice day :flower:

It is not a cable issue because it is a notebook.

The error is a transcode error like DVDFab is trying to move the DVD from a DVD-9 format to a DVD-5 format. Make sure you check the settings on the bottom to see what the size is.

You may want to check your customization settings to make sure that a DVD-9 is set to the correct size as well.

One way or another, the program is trying to transcode your files. Therefore the IFO and BOP may not be created until the end of the process. Since the transcode is failing, I would assume that the IFO and BOP missing are a side effect of the real problem in the transcode process.

Just a thought

Edit: Removed by poster.

Disk space issues could be a problem (even though it is a pain to hear one may not have checked them).

Region 2 may play an issue in the transcode/codec issue, not sure how, but might be.

Happy Yew Year !!! To all and every one of you my friends.
Thank’s for your help all these years.
Now the problem!!! From every version after 5122 when i try to copy a DVD ( I mean any and in any mode) at the end i have the error " Task 1 failed Error 400().See attach File. So every time i go back to V.5122 and everything is O.K again. The same happened today with V.5230.So again i uninstalled 5230 install again 5122 and i do my work. (see the attachment ).
P.S In DVDFab log I notice that says V.5266 instead V.5230. Has anyone notice this?

2009-01-10 17:36:50 ---- ******************** Log session stop 10-Ιαν 17:36:50.468 PID 2960********************
2009-01-10 17:36:49 Info Current Drive selected : 1:0:0 - PLEXTOR DVDR PX-716A 1.11 [F] (Ide)
2009-01-10 17:36:49 Info Using Patin-Couffin driver Version 1.37, Internal revision 37 Async. Access mode
2009-01-10 17:36:49 Info System default language : Ελληνικά
2009-01-10 17:36:49 Info User default language : Ελληνικά
2009-01-10 17:36:49 Info DLL Version : 3.2.4.406
2009-01-10 17:36:49 Info DLL : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 5\vso_hwe.dll
2009-01-10 17:36:49 Info Version : 5, 2, 2, 6
2009-01-10 17:36:49 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 5\DVDFab.exe
2009-01-10 17:36:49 Info OS : Microsoft Windows XP Professional (build 2600) with Service Pack 2 5.1
2009-01-10 17:36:49 ---- ******************** Log session start 10-Ιαν 17:36:49.937 PID 2960********************

17:39:37: Analyzing of DVD started
17:40:45: Analyzing of DVD completed successfully
17:40:45: Copy process started
18:12:24: Task_1 failed! Error=400()

P.S 2 To StormJumper
Thank’s espesially you my mam for your help all these years.:clap::clap:
Because of you i have all versions of DVDFab (2some,3,4,5) and i have learn so many .Thank’s again:bow:

I’m helpless. I reinstalled WinXP on my notebook, but the problem continues on. It seems that ant1rock’s problem (see above) is the same as mine. Could there be a problem in using a free version (DVDFab HD Decrytper)? I’ll try to “downgrade” the version which I’m sure to work OK.

Have you tried doing a clean uninstall using the guide below according to your operating system ?..then re-installing :slight_smile:

2 StormJumper: Yes, I have already tried to re-install DVDFab after a clean uninstall according to your guide. Now I re-installed the operation system which is a usual solution to all “unexplainable” problems. But nothing helped this time.

If you re-installed the operating system(re-formated) and you are still have the problem then I would think it is not a DVDFab issue/problem but a hardware related issue :eek:

[QUOTE=Honziq;2197404]2 StormJumper: Yes, I have already tried to re-install DVDFab after a clean uninstall according to your guide. Now I re-installed the operation system which is a usual solution to all “unexplainable” problems. But nothing helped this time.[/QUOTE]

When you’ve copied a Full DVD, despite the error appearing, have you ever tried playing it?

I’d be interested in hearing whether it plays or not (since as you say, the .IFO and .BUP files aren’t ported over).

Might be interesting to see if a Main Movie copy will play, too.

Please advise.

O’C

:eek: Stay tuned :confused:

Edit…Anticipation sets in :eek:

I installed an older version of DVDFab to my computer (OVER the latest one) and it works without any errors! I found that the highest functious version was 5.1.2.2. So there MUST be some change in this software…

deleted

[QUOTE=Honziq;2197479]I installed an older version of DVDFab to my computer (OVER the latest one) and it works without any errors! I found that the highest functious version was 5.1.2.2. So there MUST be some change in this software…[/QUOTE]

Please see my post (#16) in this thread and let us know the results of my request.

Thanks.

O’C

:slight_smile: