Error 400 after upgrading to 4.1.2.0

Hi; I saw this problem mentioned in another post three from a few weeks back, but I didn’t see a reply in that thread*, so I hope someone can help me out.

Ever since upgrading to DVDFab 4.1.2.0, I’ve been unable to copy any DVDs to my hard drive; the copy process runs, reaches 100%, and then pops up a “Process Failed!” box. This happens with every DVD; I even tested two that I’d previously copied with older versions of DVDFab. The error reads: “Task_1 failed! Error=400 (15 1 E:\FullDisc…)” followed by the DVD title. It’s the same error message for all titles.

I’ve tried uninstalling the freeware copy of 4.1.2.0 and doing a clean install of 4.1.2.0 Gold (after running Norton Utilities, including HD defrag, and with startup items disabled in MSConfig), but so far, no luck.

My computer is an ancient PIII running Win98SE; DVD drive is a NEC ND-2500A 1.06. (If this is a W98 issue, I’ll be acquiring an XP machine in June…)

If I can’t figure out a way to get 4.1.2.0 to work, would it be possible to get a copy of DVDFab 4.1.0.2 or 4.1.0.0?

Thanks!

Please post a burn log, it may give a clue where to look for the problem area.

Hi ZippySpincycle,

Please wait for new beta version, it should be fixed.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

For what it’s worth, here’s a burn log:

12:00:46 Analyzing of DVD started
12:01:05 Analyzing of DVD completed successfully
12:01:05 Copy process started
12:47:41 Task_1 failed! Error=400(15 1 E:\FullDisc[title, etc] )
12:47:42 Process failed!

Not much to go on, I know…in any case, looks like you’re on the way to a solution anyhow. Glad to hear the beta’s on the way; I will wait patiently. OK, semi-patiently. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks!

–ZippySpincycle

“Aww, the waiting game sucks! Let’s play Hungry Hungry Hippos!”–H. Simpson.

[QUOTE=ZippySpincycle;2038106]For what it’s worth, here’s a burn log:

12:00:46 Analyzing of DVD started
12:01:05 Analyzing of DVD completed successfully
12:01:05 Copy process started
12:47:41 Task_1 failed! Error=400(15 1 E:\FullDisc[title, etc] )
12:47:42 Process failed!

Not much to go on, I know…in any case, looks like you’re on the way to a solution anyhow. Glad to hear the beta’s on the way; I will wait patiently. OK, semi-patiently. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks!

–ZippySpincycle

“Aww, the waiting game sucks! Let’s play Hungry Hungry Hippos!”–H. Simpson.[/QUOTE]

You are right, not much to go on.
Task 1 is during the read process, can you please post a few system spec like CPU, Ram size, name of burner and the firmware version.

[quote=StormJumper;2038128]You are right, not much to go on.
Task 1 is during the read process, can you please post a few system spec like CPU, Ram size, name of burner and the firmware version.[/quote]

CPU is a PIII 850 Mhz; 448 MB RAM; OS is Win98SE; DVD drive is a NEC ND-2500A, firmware version 1.06. Copy process would literally get to almost 100% (counting down to “Task Time Left 00:00:00”), and then I’d get the “Process failed!” message.

Also, I’ve downloaded & installed DVDFab Gold 4.1.0.0, and the copy process seems to work fine with that version–it completed the copy for the one DVD I’ve tried today. Since it does the job, I’ll continue using it until the next beta version is out. So to a certain degree, my question is now largely academic, but I hope this information is useful for diagnosis–I’ll keep checking back. Thanks!

[QUOTE=ZippySpincycle;2038155]CPU is a PIII 850 Mhz; 448 MB RAM; OS is Win98SE; DVD drive is a NEC ND-2500A, firmware version 1.06. Copy process would literally get to almost 100% (counting down to “Task Time Left 00:00:00”), and then I’d get the “Process failed!” message.

Also, I’ve downloaded & installed DVDFab Gold 4.1.0.0, and the copy process seems to work fine with that version–it completed the copy for the one DVD I’ve tried today. Since it does the job, I’ll continue using it until the next beta version is out. So to a certain degree, my question is now largely academic, but I hope this information is useful for diagnosis–I’ll keep checking back. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Use the link below in my signature for doing a Clean uninstall of DVDFab Platinum or Goldfollowing the steps should still be ok for your system.
Also after doing the unistall download a new install package, don’t use the one you already have it may have been corrupt during the download