Error=4

everytime i try converting movies using the mp4 or apple tv settings i get this error

21:18:48: Task 1
21:18:48: Source( C:\MUPPET_US\ )
21:18:48: Video( Title=1, Angle=0, PlayTime=00:15:20, Chapter=1-1, AspectRatio=16:9 )
21:18:48: Audio( [80h] English AC-3/6 normal )
21:18:48: Target( C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\dvdS\generic\DVD_VOLUME\ )
21:18:48: Conversion: two pass - first pass begin…
21:33:50: Conversion: two pass - first pass finish…
21:33:50: Conversion: two pass - second pass begin…
21:33:52: Task_2 failed! Error=4( console 6 -1)
21:33:53: Process completed successfully!

Also I’m using DVDFabPlatinum3210_avangate-689 and the console version os 1.0.0.3

Give one pass a try and see the results.

one pass works, it’s just two pass that gives me the error

hi, Geepez

I check the error code, the problem is encoder open is failed, because your one-pass is no problem, so please check your temp file which is your setting in your config, and check the video.stats file existed when you finish your 2pass-first pass process.

and another question, which os is your use ?

Thanks.

I’m using a 2.4 dual core 2, 2 gigs of ram, windows XP service Pack 2

I am getting this same error now too encoding to mp4/h.264. Core2 Duo 6300, 2Gig Ram, XP2, Ver 4.0.1.0.

It may have started after:

Installing Beyond TV with a h.264 encoder.
Installing every utility I could find to convert .ts to mp4.

or

upgrading from a previous version of dvdfab…

Trying one pass now…

Jim Margarit

I’m having the same exact issue here. Trying to reencode “Perfect Stranger” using two pass mode (h264 for PSP). I get the same error output below. Using DVDFab Plat 4.0.1.0, WinXP SP2, 2.66Mhz, 1GB RAM.

I tested with a 2 minute preview file from the DVD which showed the failure. There is a “video.stats.temp” file sitting in my Temp directory that was written to during the two pass attempt.

I have since used one pass and it works fine (no video.stats.temp file written).

But I would prefer to use two pass for higher quality.

Thanks…

[quote=Geepez;1907732]everytime i try converting movies using the mp4 or apple tv settings i get this error

21:18:48: Task 1
21:18:48: Source( C:\MUPPET_US\ )
21:18:48: Video( Title=1, Angle=0, PlayTime=00:15:20, Chapter=1-1, AspectRatio=16:9 )
21:18:48: Audio( [80h] English AC-3/6 normal )
21:18:48: Target( C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\dvdS\generic\DVD_VOLUME\ )
21:18:48: Conversion: two pass - first pass begin…
21:33:50: Conversion: two pass - first pass finish…
21:33:50: Conversion: two pass - second pass begin…
21:33:52: Task_2 failed! Error=4( console 6 -1)
21:33:53: Process completed successfully!

Also I’m using DVDFabPlatinum3210_avangate-689 and the console version os 1.0.0.3[/quote]

I believe I’ve resolved this issue.

My output directory was, by default, set to:
i:\documents and settings<username>\My Documents\DVDFab\

My temporary directory was, by default, set to:
i:\documents and settings<username>\My Documents\DVDFab\Temp

I changed my output directory to:
c:\dvdfab

and my temporary directory to:
c:\dvdfab\Temp

And now 2 pass encoding works fine.

Possibly the spaces or different drive letter is causing DVDFab 4.0.1.0 issues.

May not be that simple…

With 768kbps conversions, this works fine. I then tried an 1144kbps conversion, and it failed again with the same error.

Ugh.

hi,

I think that is not the problem of temp folder, maybe X264 cannot create correct video.stats file, so the second pass failed.

when you finish the first pass encode, can you find the video.stats file in your temp folder ? can you open it normally ?

please change the encode option to try it.

Thanks.

I’m getting the exact same error… my scenario is a little different. I’m queuing up a few items to be converted from DVD to ps3. For example, I’m ripping South Park, The Hits, Volume 1. I go to pick the titles to rip. (becasue I want to rip each episode separately). I load up say, 3 episodes, 2-pass. It will do the first episode, just fine, both passes… file complete. Then, it starts the second episode, first pass is fine, but then received the error=4 code when it tries the second pass, then DVDFab hangs. Pretty much, I have to reboot to get DVDFab to work correctly again after that. So, I now have to reboot after each successful file encode. Any help would be appreciated! I am running Vista Ultimate.
-Brian

hi,

I think that is not the problem of temp folder, maybe X264 cannot create correct video.stats file, so the second pass failed.

when you finish the first pass encode, can you find the video.stats file in your temp folder ? can you open it normally ?

please change the encode option to try it.

Thanks.

I checked the video.stats.temp file from my last failure and it opens fine with notepad. No apparent corruption. 17+ MB of entries.

Now I am running it on a near virgin xp install with no improvement.

Jim

FYI. It appears that 4.0.1.6 beta resolves this x264 2-pass issue. My failing scenario now works fine.

Thanks!

-Craig