Error 204 when trying to backup files

vbimport

:sad:HI ALL I AM NEW HERE .HOPE E-1 IS DOING OK AND STAYING COOL. NOW MY PROBLEM LOL I HAVE TRIED TO BACKUP FILES SINCE FEB 2010 AND ABOUTN 85% DONE I KEPT GETTING A WINDOW SAYING MY DISC IS CORRUPT OR THAT I DONT EVEN HAVE A DISC IN THE DRIVE. THEN I DECIDED TO BACK UP MY DRIVERS AND APPS AND NOW I GET TO THE POINT OF VERIFICATION AND BAMMMM ERROR 204. :confused: ANY SUGGESTIONS?? THIS IS AN ACER LAPTOP I JUST BOUGHT IT 1 YR OR SO AGO . I WAS ABLE TO BU FILES THEN ALL THE SUDDEN THIS STARTED.

What operating system? If you are backing up to optical media (CD/DVD) what brand and burning program are you using? Have you made any software/hardware changes recently? Download CCleaner, http://www.piriform.com/, and run the registry cleaner, it might help.

[QUOTE=Whappo;2541592]…what… …burning program are you using?[/QUOTE]google says[I] Acer eRecovery Management
[/I]

[QUOTE=ladyobx;2541585]:sad:HI ALL I AM NEW HERE .HOPE E-1 IS DOING OK AND STAYING COOL.[/quote] Hi there sms lovin lady.

NOW MY PROBLEM LOL I HAVE TRIED TO BACKUP FILES SINCE FEB 2010 AND ABOUTN 85% DONE I KEPT GETTING A WINDOW SAYING MY DISC IS CORRUPT OR THAT I DONT EVEN HAVE A DISC IN THE DRIVE. THEN I DECIDED TO BACK UP MY DRIVERS AND APPS AND NOW I GET TO THE POINT OF VERIFICATION AND BAMMMM ERROR 204. :confused: ANY SUGGESTIONS??
What kind of different media did you try?

THIS IS AN ACER LAPTOP I JUST BOUGHT IT 1 YR OR SO AGO . I WAS ABLE TO BU FILES THEN ALL THE SUDDEN THIS STARTED.
Could be anything, from malfunctioning hardware to some sort of computer virus. Make sure you check and control every application and Windows is updated.

By the way, stop using ALL CAPITALS… Around the internet it is considered very rude and also looks like you are shouting constantly. No need for the sms-jive-language as well.

sorry I didnt realize it was a problem using caps but I have heard that b4. as far as this jive thing I have no clue what that means. I am just looking for suggestions thats all not to be in a click tyvm

[QUOTE=ladyobx;2541690]as far as this jive thing I have no clue what that means.[/QUOTE]He’s talking about SMS acronyms/abbreviations like [I]E-1, b4[/I], which not everyone is familiar with :wink:
First thing to start with is the question you haven’t answered yet: what kind of media/brand have you used ?
Also, what kind of burner/model do you have (you can e.g. look in the Device Manager, DVD/CD-ROM drives) ?

[QUOTE=ladyobx;2541690]as far as this jive thing I have no clue what that means. I am just looking for suggestions thats all not to be in a click tyvm[/QUOTE]

tyvm means thank you very much. I understand that. Language and abbreviations evolve constantly.

But, at least to me, it seems you don’t even put any effort in the conversation. That saddens me and might lead to a different kind of help that you might have asked for. It also might trigger another emotion inside you, making you angry, thinking i’m an old fart that should stop lecturing people about how they write stuff.

Perhaps you were busy, perhaps stressed, perhaps having the best cup of tea in your life when you typed tyvm, but text does not show that emotion. It only shows four lazy letters …tyvm…

Get over yourself. Not everyone is as perfect as your not. I sure don’t want any advice from you if you can’t keep up with simple computer abbreviations or take them personally. :rolleyes:

All right, now that we’ve got the pleasantries over with, lets see if we can help with the actual problem.

Try Whappo’s suggestion of the registry cleaner. Then give us a clue as to which disks and burner you are using and the speed at which you are trying to burn.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2542583]All right, now that we’ve got the pleasantries over with, lets see if we can help with the actual problem.[/QUOTE] /me is sorry, please delete my posts.